I am going to jump around, so hopefully you can keep up ;-)
On Saturday, my dad, Chris and the boys went to a farm show in Owatonna, so my mom and I joined them for breakfast (dad paid ~ hehe) and then we went shopping. I found a book in TJ Maxx that looked like something Taite would like called the Diary of a Wimp (or nerd, or something) and it was kind of like comic drawings, but very similar to our sense of humor ~ you know, he would get the funny parts?! The only thing was it was $9 and I know that might not seem like much, but remember I do most of my shopping at Savers or Goodwill or garage sales. So, I put the book back in the hopes that I could find it at one of the a/m stores (or if not there, then Walmart). I thought it would be a perfect gift from the Easter Bunny (yes, we are still into that for maybe one more time. . .). I bought a bunch of books, but no Diaries. I did find a Star Wars book that the boys were very excited about! Taite could hardly wait to take it to school and read it on the bus. As an added bonus, I found a Star Wars egg decorating kit at Goodwill for $.49. I figured we couldn't beat that price and then when the boys opened it ~ it was very cute! I should've bought both of them. . .
It seems that our few nice days were just "teasers" because our weather is now depressing and icky! The only positive thing this week is Chris' birthday on Thursday (hey, let's surprise him and you can send him a birthday greeting ~ hehe ~ his email is cheinz@kmtel.com )
Tonight the boys caught me up on the goings on at school:
Taite's class had to earn the letters to spell "perseverance" and they finally did it so there will be a party on Friday. They are watching the movie Bolt and his teacher's son, Colin, has a birthday so he is coming for a visit. Taite was very excited!
Brayton's class is getting a new student tomorrow. She came today to see the classroom and her name is Samantha (I believe, I can't remember for sure).
Bray told a joke:
Kid: Dad, my feet are so tired from running.
Dad: Well you have your shoes on the wrong feet!
Kid: These are the only feet I have!!
(Bray laughed and laughed at this one!)
Bray also came to tell me a funny part from a show he was watching:
The boy was trying to speak Spanish and I don't recall what he was trying to say, but he said "My bellybutton grows watermelons" ~ this one also got a good laugh!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment