Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We did the right thing

Last night Chris and I were preparing to wake Brayton to give him his dose of pain killers at 9:30 and he was sound asleep. We can't ever remember hearing him sleep so quietly. It was amazing! I even slept in his room in case something happened and he slept like that all night. No matter what else we find out (we're taking him to the allergist now that we've maxed his deductible on the insurance) we've decided the good nights sleep he will undoubtedly get will help him tremendously in dealing with any other ailments!

Chris was researching (I know, you're shocked, right? Chris ~ researching ~ hehe) adenoids and he found a site where other parents have had similar problems and such. One mom had a 4 year old who was on 5 different kinds of meds all trying to treat different things, where if they would just find the cause of the initial thing and treat that, the poor kid wouldn't be all doped up! Anyway, that wasn't my point to the story, Chris found where someone had said that if the adenoid (he also read it's not a multiple thing, so there should be no 's' ~ too bad I don't have his time on my hands) :~) that was taken out was of significant size, the child will sound nasally when they talk. This is due to having adapted to speaking around the large blockage (adenoid) and can take up to 6 months to change. This is weird because when you listen to Brayton talk, he does talk like that, yet he can clearly breathe through his nose so he doesn't have to talk like that. I don't even want to wonder how long ago we could have fixed this for him!

On a more normal note, our chore charts are not working as we had hoped. Tonight we had to "make" the boys help with supper clean-up and then Brayton volunteered for a job, but Taite was trying to take jobs away from Bray so he could get more money. . . Bray decided he wanted to wash the table and for an extra good job, washed the chairs too. He said that should get him and extra 10 cents, but Taite was mad. I don't think we can win here. We'll keep trying though!

Last night when Taite got his homework out he was a little upset. He asked me if I knew where his math homework was from the previous night (luckily when I'd cleaned the table off, it was on top of the garbage) I didn't think I did, but we went through that which was in the garbage. Can you believe it was in there?!! Neither could I! Well, Taite was upset because he had to "pull a card". I had forgotten the discipline plan for Taite's class because quite frankly, we've never had to know it! In his class this year "pulling a card" is equivalent to getting a check mark. Taite was very concerned about this, but I assured him it was my fault for not checking with him before throwing papers away. I reminded him he should also double check to make sure his math homework is back in his binder to take to school, but no, he would not get any money deducted for bad behavior at school. That's one way to "speak" to take; bring money into the conversation!

Well, I am not used to getting up so many times during the night, so I am going to sign off. Thank you so much for all the calls, emails and cards for Brayton. Every one of them has made him smile! (his class each made a card for him and his teacher said they were all very concerned about him yesterday ~ they talked about him all day ~ Bray said "that's why I love my class!" aaawwww) Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment