Friday, March 6, 2009

My 100th Post!!

Just as I was clicking on "new post" I saw that I have had 99 posts, so this is sort of a milestone. . .

Today Brayton stayed home from school. No surprise there, but we've come this far, we are not sending him on Friday ~ not even sure we'll send him on Monday either. I don't think Taite was on the bus for 15 minutes when Brayton showed me the song he'd written. I was very impressed with the characteristics his song had. Here is his song (I'll type it exactly as it is written on the very large piece of easel paper):

What if by Brayton H
Whaaaat if ther was a com-
bine driver looking for corn so
he was bineing in his feilds

Whaaaat if ther was a trooooo-
ll looking for my brother so we
said gooodbye we said gooodbye.

What if we were alone I said
Whaaaat if we were alone.

I thought it was very cute and don't care to analyze it too much ~ the troll and alone parts especially.

I broke it to him that his music concert was last night. I'm not big on lying to the boys and he was disappointed but I reminded him that we need him healthy for his surgery so he can really get better and that was the end of his disappointment. He sang us some of his songs from the music program tonight. We played store a little again today, but it was kind of a hectic work day so our play time was cut a little short.

I picked Taite up from school today since he was our gopher with Brayton's homework for the week he is going to be gone after surgery. In case anyone is wondering, Bray is not in jeopardy of being gone too much. Monica said there's a little boy in her son's class who is gone weeks at a time on vacation, multiple times this year! Anyway, I picked Taite up because I was feeling guilty ~ he's such a good kid and Brayton seems to be getting all the attention lately. Today at school the 3rd & 4th graders got to watch Madagascar 2 as a reward for the whole school meeting their reading goal for the month. Brayton also missed out on this, though I don't know what movie (not that it matters). Before I went to get Taite, my dad called and said there was another hockey game tonight and Sonja & Greg & dad were going; wanted to know if Taite wanted to go too. I said I'd ask because it would be his choice: go to the hockey game or family fun night (just he and I). He was a little distressed having to make this decision, I must say. He finally came to this conclusion: The most fun thing to do would be to go to Family Fun Night, however, Brayton could not go, which isn't fair. There will most likely be another Family Fun Night next year and we will definitely go to that when Brayton can come too. So, he chose the hockey game on the promise that I do everything I can to make sure Brayton had fun at home while Taite was at the hockey game. We shook on the deal. Isn't he sweet??!! We had been home from school only about 1/2 hour when I heard screaming coming from downstairs (Brayton is the screamer). When I went downstairs, Taite was in his room (he's a lot like a turtle when there is a problem ~ he retreats to his room). I called him back out and he said they were playing boxing on the Wii when Taite didn't want to play anymore, Brayton launched an attack on Taite with the Wii remotes. Brayton swears he didn't hit him, but I had to say that the screaming I had heard would go with the hitting which just made Brayton madder, since I didn't believe him. I told Bray to sit in his room for a break and Taite needed to take a shower before going to the game. After working a little more upstairs, I thought I'd go see if Taite had changed his mind on his plans for the night after his brother attacked him. Taite was showered (minor miracle, I only had to tell him once!) and he had only his jeans on and was in Brayton's room playing video games with him on the Gameboy, like nothing had happened just 15 minutes ago. I love that brotherly love they have for each other!!! I told Taite when he was waiting for his ride why I had gone downstairs before and he said "Why would I change my plans?" AAhhhh, those two will be friends forever! Guess now we don't have to buy MarioKart for Brayton because no one went to Family Fun Night LOL

Chris is still fighting his cold. Every day we think it has to get better and yet today his head was completely stuffed, but he could breathe through his nose ~ you know that sucks! I keep telling him that no sleep = not getting better, but that doesn't help him sleep though :-)

1 comment:

  1. Happy 100 posts! That went by fast. Mike is still fighting his cold like Chris too. They must have the same bug.

    ReplyDelete