Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Hi!!

I am finally feeling like spring is coming! Even though we have snow/showers in the forecast for tonight, it's sunny here now and I can see very dark skies to the north of us ~ I'll take it! LOL Now all we need is a good thunder storm to green things up! Then I'll have to think about our outside projects. . . The front step re-do or the pond. . . OR the patio out back with re-doing the retaining wall and adding a pergola. . . So many options, so little money! haha!! Oh yeah ~ Brayton mentioned the other day that he thought we were going garage saling too (there weren't any to go to)! That's my boy!!!

Have I mentioned how excited I am to help with Bray's class on Friday? Oh, and I am signed up to help with the field trip next Tuesday morning (they are going to St. Mary's and the public library). I haven't been on this trip (not sure why I didn't go with Taite's class. . .) so I'm kind of excited! should've

Tomorrow I can drop off Taite's sign up for those special classes this summer. They are filled on a first-come/first-served basis and I imagine the CSI class will fill up fast, so I hope that Taite gets in it (so I can learn what he learns LOL).

I am also feeling relieved because I've decided NOT to have Bray's birthday combined with Easter at our house. . . I really want to have the "friend" party on the same day as the "family" party so we are going to do that Saturday, the 18th. I don't know why, but this just stresses me out and Chris' solution is to not have a party ~ well, we CAN'T do that!!! So, I have a little "breathing" room before I need to send out invites and stuff {:~)

Last night at supper Brayton was in a silly mood and every chance he could, he was making Taite laugh. It kind of got out of hand when Bray came close to spitting out his food and Taite started choking. That was more than Chris could handle (remember ~ he's not getting much sleep with his cold) and he lost it. Of course, after that I started to giggle, but I kept facing the dish washer and didn't let the boys see me! They eventually quit choking and laughing, but it got me remembering how Chris has NEVER liked it when either of the boys choked. It's not that I don't mind, but if it's something they swallowed wrong (liquidy) I figure, it's something we all do ~ and live! Back when the boys were babies, if they cried and got so mad that they held their breath while crying for an extended period of time Chris didn't help when he'd freak out and say "Breathe, damn it!!" I'm pretty sure no child has cried themselves to death. . . I am going to tell Taite this story so he might better understand his dad's strong fear of something happening to the boys. If we wouldn't have been eating soup for supper, I'd have been a little more concerned :-)

1 comment:

  1. I am one to worry like that at our house. Mike always jokes about me being a helicopter mom. I try to not be too crazy. Mike brings me good balance.

    ReplyDelete