So this morning, we were scrambling to get the boys out the door for the bus. You'd think after a snow day yesterday that we'd have everything in order, but that would be like "normal". hehe I had to put shoes in backpacks (have to wear boots now that we have snow again) and find a matching pair of mittens and a hat (somehow Taite only had 1 mitten). We got them out the door and I had a short time to exercise before showering and getting ready to take the van to have the oil changed (it's under warranty, so don't want to void it or anything). The van was scheduled for 10:30, so I called Monica to see if she wanted to do lunch. I was trying to think of a good place to go in NW Rochester and remembered that her favorite place was a Sushi place. I had a small sample of sushi at Card Club in January and was curious to see if I would like more! Who better to go with than an expert (okay, obviously, with a name like 'Monica' she's not Japanese, but she is somewhat of a "sushi snob" ~ her words, not mine LOL)! She picked me up when I dropped the van off (she was
totally looking for an excuse to get out of cleaning ~ hehe) and the restaurant didn't open until 11, so we went to Target! I got a case (yes, I think you would call it a case) of freezies for Brayton after his surgery and I
even remembered to get snack for Brayton's class ~ not due for a couple of weeks :-) (Bray has to bring it for the week he returns after surgery and I figured I'd get that off my list of things to do!). We went to Sushi Nishiki and I
LOVE IT!!! I'm glad I took Monica! We had 3 different rolls and the first two we (technically, I didn't know ~ Monica did)
knew were good and the 3rd we decided was okay, but we wouldn't order it again. I feel like a sushi geek because I could totally see myself having it for supper in
the same day! Yes, it was
that good! Monica said it's only good at Sushi Nishiki, so I won't waste my time and $$$ ~ I'll just follow the direction of the Suchi Snob ~ oh! I love that name for you Mon!! LOL If you are ever in town and wondering what '
we' would recommend, it's the Fire Cracker Roll & Sushi Nishiki Roll (that one should be easy to remember) and you
have use the wasabi too! Oh, so good!
After lunch, I picked up the van, got some wine and came home. Chris had a package that we had to ship certified, so that means, I was off again to pick up the boys from school (always a little bonus for them ~ you know, a little extra time with their momma! ~ (did I mention I'm drinking Lambrusco as I'm typing? hehe). I even remembered to bring the snack for Brayton's class when I went to pick up the boys (I was totally on top of things today ~ or so I thought!) so I brought that into the school and helped Brayton pack up his backpack to head home. As I'm helping him he says "Mom! You sent me to school with two different shoes!" I looked (no, I didn't believe I would make a mistake like that!) and sure enough! I had two different shoes in his bag!

Now, in my defense, I was throwing shoes in his backpack quickly and when just looking at the soles, they are both yellow and black. . . BUT . . . when you look at them from the top: (yes, they do both fit him! I know they look like they are completely different sizes too!) His teacher said that no one would ever notice because both shoes are black/gold (bless her heart) :-)
Then this afternoon I remembered I was supposed to write on this name tag what was Brayton's strongest Nationality and I totally forgot about that! I felt bad, but Mrs. Bendzick said that he said he didn't know and then he said "Wait, I am from the United States of America" so with his yellow highlighter in his desk, he wrote USA on his name tag. He's so cute!
After school Taite wanted to call Grandma to see if they could come over to play. When we got there (of course she said 'yes') Grandpa was headed to a hockey game with Sonja & Greg (yes, the Sonja who sent the email with the Texan hunter and Greg who was
not in that picture) so Taite wanted to go, Brayton wanted to stay with Grandma. Well, now Chris and I are home enjoying wine and a little snack ~ something I concocted to remind me of the Sushi place (not quite the same) but I used crackers, horseradish, avocado, smoked Gouda cheese and drizzled soy sauce on top. They didn't taste bad, but the combo of wasabi and soy sauce was yummy! So, that is all that today entailed. . . hope yours was just as eventful and full of laughs, as mine was! Have a great weekend! (forgot to mention that we did see a woman (young) fall in Target because she had awful shoes to walk in! I think she was embarrassed, but it was totally Funniest Home Videos material! I can laugh now because she isn't standing/laying right here!)
No comments:
Post a Comment