Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Tooth Fairy is no longer, er, maybe not. . .

Taite lost his tooth on the bus and brought it home in a little treasure chest that they must have on hand at the school for teeth. Tonight I was helping Brayton try to find his Bag Book for school and Taite was in talking to Chris, Chris was laughing and I figured it was about the Tooth Fairy. After I got Bray into another head-cleansing bath, Taite brought me up to our room to confirm what Chris had told him: We take the teeth (Chris even showed him one from a previous Fairy mission) and leave money ~ I didn't confirm or deny, just talked around the subject. Not quite sure if I wanted him to grow up past this stage.

At some point today, Taite's tooth split into 2 pieces so he thought he should write a little note explaining that to the T.F. While he was writing it, (Chris and I were standing there) Chris was laughing and then when he was done Chris threw down a dollar on his dresser and took the tooth. Taite studied the money a little bit and Chris said "We take the teeth, so there". Taite looked at him, took his tooth back and gave Chris the dollar back. He said "I'll see tonight. I'll see if the money is folded the same way and if it's the same amount and then I'll know!" Chris said, "Why don't you believe me? You said earlier you didn't believe in Fairies!" Taite said "That was before, but you and mom didn't say that you take the teeth (not listening again. . . ) so I believe in the Tooth Fairy!" We both laughed and I begged him not to make us stay up to take his tooth, but he still wants to wait and see. Oh, the imagination and good laugh we got out of this tonight! I'm sure it will be one that we talk about when the boys are much older too and laugh about again and again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment