Monday I had a crappy day. . . Brayton cheated during his spelling pre-test in the morning, so we received the email about that early in the day. I was so upset because obviously we aren't getting through to him on needing to behave and listen to his teacher! This required some serious action, so we surprised him by picking him up for lunch ~ he didn't have a clue that we knew about his morning. He was beaming when he saw me at the office, which just made me want to cry that much more. Why is it that I felt I had let him down when he was the one doing the wrong?? He did know that he was cheating because before the test, they had discussed not using their spelling books to cover their tests because they might be tempted to look in their spelling books for the spellings of the words. It's so difficult with Brayton because we've tried to keep him healthy, but lately his head has been very congested and that's where Chris and I are at odds. I don't think he needs to use that as an excuse, but Chris had allergies all his life, so he's more sympathetic towards how Bray is feeling and how it might affect his school work. Brayton's head is so congested that when he blows his nose, nothing comes out, but he sounds like he has a clothes pin on his nose when he talks ~ it's waaayyy up in his sinuses. Last night we tried the bath again with lots of the vapor rub bubbles in it. He was thrilled to be able to breathe through his nose last night and this morning he was actually blowing out (really gross) a lot of snot! Yeah for snot! Haha!
Yesterday Steph called in the morning to see if I wanted to take one of the free slots for a massage where Stevie works (my cousin is a teacher at the MN School of Business for massage)! It was GREAT!!!! The only weird thing was it was a deep tissue massage and I thought it would hurt (heard stories about Chris' massage in Japan), but it didn't ~ on my thigh, it felt like it tickled!! She thought it was weird because she said she was using a lot of pressure, but it still felt ticklish ~ it may have just been a reflex kind of thing with the muscle. We both giggled over it (the table is in a room with 3 others and they are all curtained off, so the music is relaxing provided everyone is pretty quiet~ we were the only ones giggling). I felt privileged to be able to fill in this open spot ~ I was a little sore from our "Dancing it Out" the other night LOL
Taite is doing great, as usual. I feel like I don't mention him because he's always good ~ Isn't that how it goes?? I tried to get Chris to agree that we should spank Taite because I don't handle Brayton's naughtiness very well and Taite was just too good, so we had nothing to prepare us! :-) Taite had basketball on Monday night and as we were leaving the school he tells me that his teacher was in a car accident on the way to school that morning (he had been home, we had supper, went to BB and at 8:15 he remembers his teacher was in a car accident. . .). I figured it was a little fender-bender, but was surprised all the details he remembered of her story ~ the car actually flipped with her and her almost 2 year old son in it. She came to school to keep her mind off the accident and no one was injured. This prompted Taite to ask a series of questions and our conversation went something like this:
T: Did you ever get into a car accident when I was a baby?
M: No.
T: Did you ever get into a car accident when Brayton was a baby?
M: No.
T: Was dad ever in an accident?
M: Yes.
T: What happened?
M: (I tried to remember the details of the big 3-car pile-up in Wessington)
T: Were you ever in an accident?
M: Yes.
T: What happened?
M: The guy I was riding with tried to cross Hwy 14 and a lady hit us, but she was going to turn, so she wasn't going very fast and no one was hurt.
T: Who were you riding with?
M: My ex-boyfriend.
T: What was his name?
M: Brian.
T: So if you would've married him, we'd have 2 Brian's in our family?
M: Guess so.
T: Why didn't you marry him? Was dad better lookin'?
M: Um, Brian was too over-protective when I would go to town and stuff.
T: Because you were so beautiful? Was he worried that some guy would fall in love with you if you talked to him?
M: (surprised he knew so much about what over-protective meant. . . ) Yeah, something like that.
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

That is funny. Next time you should tell him that Chris was much better at everything. You married him and had two amazing children before you found out the fatal flaw...that he was a UNC guy:-)
ReplyDeleteI know, Chris was disappointed that I didn't tell Taite he was so much better looking than my ex, but I didn't want Taite to think I was superficial!! I told Chris that the stats looked good for UNC, but he just said I am such an amateur!
ReplyDeleteI bet you are looking pretty smart right now...UNC is up 83 to 71
ReplyDelete