I am trying out Chris' new little computer. Sam's has them on sale now for $245 including shipping (plus 1% of that back on Ebates!) PLUS it comes in red! How cool would that be? I've been longing for my own laptop (it seems that everyone has one) but Chris said he's not sold on this one and why did I need one anyway? So, I'll try this one and see if I like it then maybe he'll get a different laptop and I'll have my own. It'll be white, but it's still so darn cute.
Yesterday we got and end of the week Hooray! email from Brayton's teacher! She was so happy with how he's been this week. The funny thing (well, kind of) about this is every day when the boys get home, we ask them how their day was and normally their answers were always "good", but lately Brayton's is: "Wasn't it good? Did I get an email?!" (translation: did his teacher send an email letting us know he wasn't behaving?) Poor thing. . . His head finally has "stuff flowing" and he can think more clearly and make good choices. The downside. . . (you had to know there was one) is that the coughing started last night. Hopefully it all stays loose and doesn't cause problems. Oh, and did I mention that Taite was home from school yesterday? He didn't sleep well Thursday night because his stomach hurt and Chris (who was sleeping in the chair in the living room) helped him get a makeshift bed on the floor of his room in case he had to make any dashes to the bathroom. I wasn't too sure he was really that sick, but he did stay on the couch all day yesterday and vegged out. Today he finally was up and about running around the house.
Chris is getting better with his antibiotics when he remembers to take them. They are supposed to be taken every 6 hours which is a difficult schedule to keep and with 4 per day, he sometimes takes them a little off schedule. I know this is bad to say (I'll just jinx myself) but I have stayed pretty healthy (crap, my favorite squiggly thing is missing from this keyboard!) -- no stomach bug, no flu, no strep, etc. I should probably buy a lottery ticket with my luck LOL
Well, I managed to open my big mouth and said something to Chris about spending money and now he is not going to try out for the semi-pro football team. I really didn't say we shouldn't spend money, I just said that I regretted not having professional pictures taken of the boys when they were younger (mostly because they cost so much!). So, of course, he took that to heart (or his brain) and analyzed it as we shouldn't spend any money and the Rochester football program doesn't have many sponsors so the cost just goes back to the players and they have to fund it all themselves. You would think I would learn to keep my mouth shut - (sure wish I had my squiggly line. . .) because he is always saying I say too much, but usually it's to others, not him. Maybe someday. . . Hey, I should make that my New Years Resolution next year -- haha!
Oh, I forgot to mention the other day that the boys wanted to take goulash for lunch. It's so funny because they ask only once in awhile to take a hot lunch and Chris tries to talk them out of it saying it's too much work, but I feel since I am blessed to be home, it's the least I can do (that and I have these mini Superman Thermos mugs and I got them the coolest (not literal) lunch bags from Lands End (have I mentioned I LOVE that website??)) I digress. . .I told Taite he just had to remind me in the morning (right away) so I would have time to make their lunches. He did remember and I got them all made up, including the little 'love you' note from Mom. When the boys came home, I asked them how their lunches were. Brayton could hardly spit out fast enough that only his friend Josh knew what goulash was and none of the rest of his class did! He was shocked! One boy asked Bray what it was and Brayton said his response was "really good stuff!" He has such a way with words :-) I must point out that Chris made the really good goulash!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

If it makes you feel any better we only have a few photos like that of Matthew too. I was just never a fan of them. I would rather get great pictures of him being him. When the weather gets nice in the spring I think you should just have us over for dinner again and I will bring my camera. I can get a bunch of really nice shots of all of you. Maybe Mike and Chris and the boys can play a game of flag football and you and I can cheer and I can get some great shots for you. I am telling you those are the pictures you want. Posed pictures in a studio don't make you smile ear to ear as you see your boys personality coming out at you.
ReplyDeleteSorry about Brayton being sick. Have you ever heard that honey is a natural antibiotic? Mike just heard about that. I guess it works better than childrens's meds.