Sunday, February 1, 2009

Chris is home and well! He got in as scheduled on Thursday night. We picked him up and went out to eat at Applebees. It's always a treat we get when he's been gone on a business trip and even though he's had to eat at restaurants the whole time he was gone, he doesn't mind because it's a treat for us. So far he's handled his jet lag very well. It said to be in the sun for the mid-day so he sets a chair in front of the patio doors and literally sits in the sun. Today seems to be starting off the roughest so far ~ wish us luck :-)

Yesterday was the nicest day we've had so far this year and it also robbed us of breaking a record for the coldest month since 1979 or somewhere around there! That kind of ticks me off because we earned that record, but all due to the very last day of the month being above freezing, we don't get it! Oh, and next week it's supposed to be cold again!

Since it was such a nice day, we went to a movie ~ okay, that's not exactly how it played out (no pun intended!). On Friday I read that Marley and Me was playing in Kasson ($4 matinees and we can get pop & popcorn for $4.75 ~ so fairly cheap to go) and I knew the boys would want to go, so we decided to go to the 1:30 showing. It was good although it was 2 hours and 4 minutes long and Brayton started squirming after 1 1/2 hours.

Chris told me that the one salesman in Japan is having a baby girl (his wife we also worked with until she got pregnant with their first child) and he wants to name her Lisa! How cool is that?! His wife said she wants to name her Reno and he doesn't like that because it reminds him of casinos :-)

Chris asked Brayton if he liked the new camera we had for this business trip so he could see Chris when he was in Japan and Brayton said he did. He added that he liked him home better though so he could see Chris in person :-) How sweet??

Have a great week and GO CARDINALS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Go Steelers....and go Duke while I am at it..:-)

    Steelers is from me though I have to add Mike is going for the Cardinals too. I did not even know they had a Football team named the Cardinals until this year...and I like sports. I was wondering why there was so much talk about baseball this time of year(kind of a joke, but I really had not heard of them until this year)

    ReplyDelete