Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Well. . . Finally!!



Last night at 9:50 (during Housewives of OC ~ my new fav. show!) my sister called to say that the longest pregnancy in history was over :~) hehe ~ just kidding ~ I think she just felt like that, but didn't we all? She did have a girl so my mom is finally happy! LOL

Stats
Now, I'm thinking my sister was tired after being in labor and having the baby (that or because of my head being congested) but I had to strain to hear everything she said. Josie Rose Turner weighed 8 lbs. 7 ounces and was 21" long (I'm pretty sure on the length ~ couldn't quite hear and already had to ask her to repeat some things). Steph said she was a quiet baby and I thought ~ wait until the effects of the epidural wear off ~ haha. Hopefully she'll continue to be an easy baby, I can't say I could complain about my boys ever being overly fussy (well, just that little stint of Taite's when he had colic, but getting rid of dairy for me worked, so I was happy!) Good luck sis! You know that I'll have advice for you if you want it ~ hehe!

My yesterday sucked! I can't say it any other way (excluding the phone call from my sister, of course). Along with congestion from a head cold, I got a migraine. I've not had one that the pain hung on for so long in a very, very long time. Normally I drink a whole bottle of Propel with 3 of something (ibuprofen or Tylenol sub) and then the pain goes away for the most part. It just kind of reminds me all day that it could come back ~ hovering kind of like a halo, but more like a crown of thorns! Yesterday I didn't get the whole bottle of Propel drank before laying down, so that is my only clue as to why the pain hung around for hours. . . They say that most headaches are due to a lack of fluids and I have to say if I am conscious of this and try and drink a lot when I feel one coming on, it may or may not go away. I just always have to have the ability to lay down and that with fluids helps a ton.

2 comments:

  1. Correction...mom spelled Josey's name wrong in the email. You know how she is. We get to come home tomorrow and I'm happy to see I made your blog! We have cuter pictures than the ones mom sent you...I hate the pictures of brand new babies. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions for you so have your phone lines open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guessing that they had to use forceps? Am I right? Baby Josey has the little red marks on her face that Matthew had from them. I love new baby pics! You should now worry Stephanie...they look great.

    ReplyDelete