Tonight I was looking for some sort of quick bread to have with leftovers. We are kind of bread fanatics and our favorite recipes were going to take longer than I wanted to wait, so here is the fabulous recipe we tried tonight ~ soooo yummy!
Dilly Drop Biscuits
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking pwdr
1 Tbsp salt (this seemed like way too much, so I used half, but would even use just 1 tsp.)
1 Tsp. dried dill week
1 Tsp. onion pwdr
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a large cookie sheet. In a large bowl combine the first 5 ingredients. Make a well in the middle and add the oil and milk. Stir until just moistened. Drop batter from a tablespoon 2" apart on cookie sheet. Bake 12 - 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Makes 10 - 12 biscuits
EBATES
We received our "Big Fat Check" from Ebates today and for those of you who I've told about and don't use it ~ you're crazy! We did a lot of Christmas shopping online this last Christmas and our check was over $43 ~ just for shopping online!!! It's so easy, you just start at the Ebates site and go to the store you want to shop at and then they credit your account for making a purchase. If you would like me to send you an email for signing up (we both get a $5 bonus for you signing up and making your first purchase) just let me know! It really is the best thing since sliced bread! LOL
BRAYTON
Today was the 100th day of school (they do all kinds of activities commemorating it) and it was a SUPER day for Brayton!!! Yea!!! We received an email from his teacher this morning and we both groaned when we read the subject line "Brayton" (this is how they are all labeled, so we assumed the worst ~ bad us!) and it was really to tell us what a wonderful day he was having!! He (and the rest of the class) each got to move their desk so they could sit by whatever friend they wanted ~ really a good sign! We were so excited! Even though he didn't get all of his spelling words right on the pre-test (did you know there is a '-' in good-bye? Me either!) even he recognized that he had a great day! I must note that his eyes aren't nearly as blue/dark underneath anymore, so him constantly blowing his nose must be clearing his head out. . .just in time for his appt. next week with the ENT. We decided to have his adenoids looked at and maybe they can be removed to help his situation.
Last night after Brayton took his shower, he and Chris were sitting in the chair watching UFC. I am not a fan, (it's ultimate fighting and last night was Ultimate Knockouts, so every fight at least one guy was knocked out) so I was reading my book on the couch. At the beginning of each round on this show, they showed the opponents and Brayton picked the one who would win (without knowing a thing about UF) every time! It was quite impressive and I told him I didn't EVER want him or Taite to participate in anything like UFC! It is so hard to watch and I don't even know these people! There is one guy on there from Elgin, MN a town just east of Rochester who does fairly well on UFC, which makes it kind of interesting because not every round ends in a KO.
Commenting
Some of you have mentioned to me that you wanted to leave a comment on here, but don't want to sign up for an account and everything just to do that. Try leaving a comment as anonymous and just sign your name at the end of the comment ~ that should work and if it doesn't, I'll look into it more. I just thought you couldn't leave a comment, but when I was leaving one the other day, I noticed you can click anonymous as an option ~ just be sure to sign your name on the posting :-)

Hey Lisa! I tried your drop biscuits recipe and just wanted to let you know it is delicious! Bruce isn't a huge dill fan so I substituted garlic salt for the dill and they turned out really good! Thanks for the recipe. You should share more recipes on here! I'm always looking for new things to make....like the goulash you were talking about in another post. How do you make yours? Take care! Jen B ;-)
ReplyDelete