For those of you that don’t know, Alyssa received the first vaccination in May 2008 and has been very sick since. Her Doctor (Dr. Trites listed below) tells us she is one of the lucky ones because she is not paralyzed. NOT PARALYZED. Can you believe that? Every time we take her to the hospital we never know how much worse she could be. Due to the vaccine, she has contracted the following illnesses:
1) POTS – Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (http://www.nymc.edu/fhp/centers/syncope/pots.htm). She is both a fainter and her heart races – double wammy.
2) Dehydration – she drinks about 140 oz of fluids daily and eats about 1/4-1/2 cups of salt daily. She still can’t stay hydrated.
3) She if fatigued most of the time.
4) Her ferritin level is extremely low (should be 29 and she’s at 8). This is the “reserve iron” levels. We’ve been trying to bring it up since May 2008. She’s not anemic, but she could be easily. She’s monitored carefully.
Aaaandd on another note . . . I received an email that included a funny picture:
After I viewed the picture, I had to go to the bathroom, so I just left it up on my screen. Taite happened to be in the office on Chris' computer and asked me "Mom, what are you doing looking at a picture of a guy in a pool, drinking a beer, hunting?!" I said "well, it's just an email that Sonja sent me." His reply:"WHAT?! THAT'S GREG???!!!"
Again, I have to stress: you gotta love it!

Hi Lisa!
ReplyDeleteI don't know Alyssa personally but her Mom is in my Mary Kay unit. I vaguely remember her from when I went to meetings. Just thought it was 'too close to home' not to send on to others. Thanks for posting it on your blog too. It definitely makes you question or at least do a little more research before just saying "o.k." to whatever a Dr. says. Have a great weekend.
Jen