Friday, February 6, 2009

Oh What a Day!

Today started out normal enough (kids off to school, work in jammies, etc.). I was going into school to help in Brayton's classroom with stations (there are different activities and the class is split up and rotates to all the stations). Upon arrival in the parking lot, I met up with another mom from Bray's class. It was nice to see her because she normally helps in the mornings when her youngest is in preschool ~ super nice person who makes you feel like you've been friends all your life! Then I got into the Office to sign in and ran into another one of Brayton's friends' mom. After a little chat, we were both relieved that our son wasn't the one to bring the other one across to the "dark side"! Yesterday they couldn't behave and both of the boys got check marks. Surprisingly enough, they both were shocked when they couldn't play their electronic games! Ours said "Mrs. Bendzick didn't tell me I wouldn't be able to play my Star Wars game!" and theirs said "Well if I had known I wouldn't be able to play my DS, I wouldn't have done it!" Funny how they forget these threats from the previous check mark. . . When I got to Brayton's classroom, he was very somber. He looked kind of pale and had his normal purple under his eyes, so I didn't think too much about it. Mrs. Bendzick said he had said all day that he was just sad. He was quiet and kind of lethargic through Stations but he had been getting up early in the am, so I figured he was just tired. After school, I dropped off mail at the post office, picked up a bottle of wine (glad I did!) and then went into Rochester to get Taite the same GameBoy game that Brayton got yesterday. We got off on the ramp to go to the Game Stop store and Brayton threw up all over. He tried to hold it in, but speaking from personal experience, that sometimes just makes it worse! It was on backpacks, coat, shoes, car seat, down between the seats into the movie compartment, I mean EVERYWHERE ~ okay, not everywhere, but enough. Of course I had no paper towels, nothing but a box of Kleenexes. I sent Taite into Game Stop as I tried to clean up or salvage the situation (I believe Taite was gagging and had to get out) :~) What I ended up doing was stripping Brayton, wrapping him in a blanket and used a bottle of water to wet down the Kleenexes to wash his hands and face. He apologized (I told him not to feel bad) and then his color came back. He didn't eat much for supper and his color comes and goes, but so far that was the only "incident". The whole hour I spent cleaning up the pink stuff I kept thinking "If only I didn't have to go to Rochester to get that stupid game, I wouldn't have to clean all of this!" I still have to go back and clean up his seat, it actually stained it a little! Chris was sick (not literally) over that since we had the "work" van. I have to get a toothbrush to clean out the stitching on the seats too ~ ohhhh gross!!

So, with that said, I am READY for my Girls day out tomorrow!!! Monica (the friend I am going with) found out about the show we are scheduled to go to and it looks fun! I thought it was a play, but it's a comedy show that's traveling the nation! It should be fun!!! I am enjoying some red wine tonight after a very busy day. . .

2 comments:

  1. You are so going to need it. Bring a water bottle if you have one. Can you meet me in the parking lot of the center a little early? We can get set. I can not wait to take pictures. I feel like I am going out for a photo shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was going to leave here at 1:15 so we can meet. I think we should park in front of the building by the main doors. I don't know if they consider the parking lot part of the Community Ed side of the building. I guess either way, we can look at where the street lights are (so my hubby will be at ease) :) and we can walk to the bus. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete