
My friend, Monica, who got me started blogging, LOVES to take pictures. I like to take pictures, but she has the lenses and everything to go along with LOVING to take pictures :-) I told her we had one cool sunset picture (she said they can't see the sunset from their house because of the other houses) so I thought I'd share our picture. I'm not quite sure why I took this picture because it seems like we've had other, more spectacular pictures of the sunset, but didn't record them. This does remind me of one of those candies, though. You know the ones ~ the huge jaw breakers that have layers of colors as you lick through them?! This picture isn't the best quality, but it's fun for us to look back on because it was taken in June of 2004 and the little evergreens you can see are now a lot bigger and soon the lawnmower won't fit between them! Of course for us it seems they
never grow (knowing they really do!) but I was surprised last year when mowing that some of the trees touch both sides of the mower when I go through them. Unfortunately, these aren't the kind of evergreen that kills the grass below them so mowing around them is still necessary!
Our trees are super nice for giving us some "hiding" from the cars that drive by until they get a little east of our house and then they can see everything. I wish we'd have had some forethought to plant more trees along the east side of our property, but the little ones we did plant will grow soon enough :-) I also have to add another picture that Chris said is his favorite from building the shed because it looks like we live in a densely populated forest! Isn't it funny how a small lens can give that effect?
It does look like you live in a forest. I planted a silver leaf maple tree 2 years ago and it has more than doubled in size, plus it is really pretty. If you want to plant more trees and need a fast growing one that is nice to look at I would suggest that one.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Mike loved what you said about not breaking the record. He was upset all day over it. He thought you summed it up best with the "we earned it comment"
I'll have to remember that! (good thing it's on the blog, so I won't have to remember too hard LOL)
ReplyDeleteMike should really feel ripped off! He was out in the elements all those horrible days!!! That's why we boycotted (sort of) the nice day and went to a movie! haha