Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Brayton Story

Okay, so my sister is good about reminding me if I'm not giving the boys equal "blog time". I feel guilty when I realize this, so here is a little funny story about Bray.

Last night after practice, the boys wanted to stop at Kwik Trip (Laurie, this reminds me of a classmate I think I saw ~ remind me to tell you about it. . .) anyway, they wanted to go to KT because they were hungry (remember, we were rushed out of the house and didn't get a whole lot to eat) and Brayton had to go to the bathroom. He must've really had to go so right away when we got there, he headed for the bathroom. Taite and I perused the food available to find something that wouldn't be totally junk, like chips, and we walked around and waited and waited and finally Bray came out of the bathroom! I was going to ask him what took so long when he said "Mom, I don't know why they had to put the paper towel thing so high up! I couldn't reach it so I used toilet paper to dry my hands and then I got white stuff all over them!" Can you imagine what his hands looked like?? :~) I also wonder what the bathroom floor looked like after he got all the white pieces of toilet paper off his hands! LOL

Okay, this didn't start out as a posting for both boys, but I was reminded of something else that happened today. Today at school was meet the teacher. I'm glad Chris was with because we had to haul in supplies for both boys and return forms, turn in Bray's inhaler, order a recorder for Taite, etc. etc. We went to Bray's class first and he was thrilled to see so many friends in his class (he was just mumbling the other day that he didn't know anyone in this years class). I think he'll have a great year!!! Then we went to Taite's class and we had a checklist to do before she did a quick slide show of what to expect for the year. His teacher is a VERY fast talker. When it was over and we were leaving the school, I asked Taite if he saw any potential problems for this year. Of course, he didn't understand and I pointed out that she spoke way faster than I do and he doesn't even catch all of what I say! Point in case: he asked what she meant when she said "When leaving the school (after dropping off or picking up students) be very careful because there are extra lockers due to the new bus stop rules (if you live within a mile or something of the school, the buses won't stop in the city limits ~ the students have to walk)" I had to explain to him that she was saying "walkers", not "lockers" :~) I knew you'd laugh at that one!!!

Okay, quick joke (since I'm on a role ~LOL)
What is the difference between the bird flu and swine flu?
For bird flu, you receive a tweet-ment
and for the swine flu, you receive an oink-ment! hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment