The boys have decided that they want Nintendo DS instead of GameBoys. I've been researching the DS and found they probably want the DS Lite (they can still play their GameBoy games, which is ohhh so nice, but they are WiFi so they can "see" each other when playing a game in close proximity ~ I know ~ what will they think up next??). I have looked online, but they still get $100 for a used DS and a new one is $130 (kind of like the Wii, everyone's price is the same, no matter where you go. . . ) so it hardly pays to spend that much on a used electronic that you don't have any warranty with! Today I was running errands (I am 4/4 this week ~ going to town) and decided to check Shopko for an orange shirt that Chris can wear for coaching (you don't even want to know about ALL the orange in my closet ~ NO I'm not going hunting! Taite's football team is orange! hehe) I digress, while I was in Shopko, I decided to swing through the electronics to see if they had any specials on the DS (I don't know what I was expecting because I hadn't ever seen any, just bundled games with systems and they are never what I want) WELL, let me tell you what I saw! A clearance sign that said the onyx DS were on clearance for $90.99! Before I got too excited, I sought out a clerk (they are never there when you are about to wet your pants with anticipation) to verify the sign. I laughingly told her I pretty much knew they wouldn't have any in stock, but wanted to check just in case. GUESS WHAT!!! They had not 1 (one) but TWO!!!! FOR $40 OFF!!! YEAHHH! I bought the extended warranty for $10 (2 years not bad since they will be using these on the bus!) and I am still ahead of the game! (no pun intended). Here's the tricky part: I am going to save them for Christmas, but I am terrible at keeping secrets! Even Chris mentioned giving them to them early. . . My thoughts are that since I got them so cheap, I can just give them some cash along with these at Christmas and they can get things to decorate them however they want with the money. I'm guessing these were on clearance because they are only black and in a week, they are coming out with more cool colors! But I don't care they were such a good price!!!
Okay, so I know I need to explain about the Skechers, but quite honestly, I don't think you will want to hear the whole story, so I'll condense it (I hope). I ordered a pair of shoes from Skechers.com for Chris. They came, one was a size 11 and one a size 12. . . I contacted them, they ordered a call tag with FedEx to pick them up which would be done in 72 hours, just leave them on the front step. That was Sept. 1st and I still have the shoes. I have called daily and emailed a few times, but everyday I am promised that they will be picked up that day. Here is a first, tomorrow morning we are promised that they will be picked up. The problem I have with this is that when I call, it is at least a 10 minute call (the first time it was at least 1/2 hour on hold) and then the next day I have to do it all over again. They will not email me a shipping label so I can print it and drop it off at a FedEx location AND they will not issue my refund until they have these pair of shoes back in their possession. . . All of these are their mistakes (did I mention that that one shoe was obviously worn before being put into the box?), but I am the one who has to keep the box from getting wet and ruined and make sure it's out there when they say they are coming to pick it up ~ in fact, it sat outside on our porch all last weekend because they assured me that it was being picked up on Friday afternoon. The customer service is so lacking that I honestly don't care if I ever purchased a pair of Skechers shoes again! Chris has already found a replacement pair of New Balance shoes and is very happy wearing them to coach! :~)
Speaking of coaching. . .
Tonight, we all (yes ALL) have to have our clothes laid out so we can get to the field early enough. The game starts at 8:30, so I'm thinking we'll leave here at 6, that gives us 25 minutes to get to Kasson and 2 hours to nap and wait :~) hehe
Just kidding! Chris would really laugh about this too, if he wasn't so nervous. Today he weighed himself and wanted to know if the scale was correct. . . Um, I haven't been losing any excess weight. He's lost 10 pounds since he started coaching! Good thing fall and winter are coming so he won't look too scrawny under his warmer clothes! He was already nervous today at noon and told me his leg wouldn't quit shaking. Taite has a stomach ache tonight because he's so nervous. That got Chris worrying that Taite was sick and I assured him it was because Taite's ailment was due to worrying. . . UGH ~ Taite IS Chris' son! :~) So, I have to van packed, the coffee pot ready and all allergy pills/inhalers ready to go. In fact, I better put the Albuterol in my purse! Now, I can't forget to set those damn shoes out on the front step before we leave in the morning! I can't do it tonight because it's supposed to rain. . . However, maybe if I do, it will for sure rain!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment