Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I forgot the funny story. . .

Tonight during practice, Brayton had to go to the bathroom. One nice thing about having practice at the middle school is that there is usually a soccer game going on so the bathrooms (with running water) are open for us to use. He was gone quite awhile and when he finally came back he had his stocking hat in his hand, but I didn't think anything of it. Well, one of the other moms came over and said to Brayton "Oh, I see you got your hat out of the tree!" I teased Brayton that the only way I could figure that his hat would get into the tree was because he was running so very hard that the wind blew his hat off and up into the tree! ;~)

Sometimes the boys come home from school and we run through these questions:
What was something you did nice for someone?
What was something someone else did nice for you?
What was something that made you laugh?
These are all questions to stimulate some discussion about their school day without a one word answer of "good". On some days, we don't go through the questions, but Brayton will volunteer something. Today he said that something that made him laugh was this:
Sometimes if the kids aren't listening, his teacher counts back from 5 (5-4-3-2-1) and today when she got to 5, one of the girls said the equivalent to "blast off". . . I made sure that he hadn't laughed out loud and he said he didn't (so hopefully, he didn't get into trouble too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment