Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Birthday ME! Well, Sonja and Greg gave this to me for my birthday ~ isn't it beautiful??? It's the cutest little bench I have to find the perfect spot for it to do it justice and where it is for this picture is NOT it, but I'll be working on it! :~)



Last night the boys were having football withdrawal, so they decided to pad up and play. They enjoyed it despite the rock hard ground ~ having clay under the grass and no rain for over a month, makes for a very hard play yard.

Chris joined the boys and wore only his sandals (they are just "sit by the back door to slip on quick".


Getting the play ready ~ Bray could use a little work on his stance :~)

Chris may be assisting the little guy. . .

Taite and his not so big muscles. I say that because tonight he was showing us his muscles, so I showed him mine and he was impressed! LOL

Bray's turn to get the play planned.



I love Bray's face in this picture :D

Tonight I got to go to practice and boy what a practice it was!!! Chris was beating himself up for losing the game on Saturday and he was trying to figure out how to light the fire under some of the boys who ask to leave the game/practice. I was apprehensive about how tonight was going to go, but it was unbelievable how the boys ALL hustled and participated! They worked on their tackling form and they ran the boys' favorite drill (at least I think it is now!) the Pursuit Drill. The coaches are the offense and the boys have to follow the ball and most times, Chris had it. At one point, there was an interception and a pants-ing of the coach :-D The second was a total accident, but that kind of shows how into the drill the boys were. There was also a tooth pulled tonight (thankfully the boy's dad was there) and Taite got his "bell rung". He had to sit on the sidelines for a little while and I got him some water while he recovered. It wasn't long and he was ready to go back in. Now that Chris has seen the potential of the boys' spirit, he is really pumped about the rest of the season! Yea! GO ORANGE!! (I really wish they had an animal or something different than a color to yell out ~ hehe)

1 comment:

  1. Matthew's team is the Patriots and all I can ever think of is "cheaters" when I hear that name. Mike thinks he should wear a hoody in honor of good old Bill.

    Hey I bought that material. Are you going to stations on Friday? Can I send it home with the boys? Will they let me put it in Bray's backpack?

    ReplyDelete