Today we re-hashed the football game from yesterday. I've finally just started agreeing with Chris when he tells me what a failure he is as a coach because he didn't win the game and threw a pass play into the game (which was dropped). UGH ~ I wish he could see the sparkle in my eyes when I talk about how proud of him I am in his coaching, like he sees the sparkle in the boys' eyes when he called that pass play in the huddle! I'm hoping that will come with time (him forgiving himself), but for now, I am kind of done trying to make him see. . .
Hopefully we have a person who wants the stray at our house. They said they will come and look at her tomorrow, but I'm not holding her for any longer than I have too. I found another person's posting on CL for a lab/Dalmatian cross and that may be what she is. Either way, we are happy that Monday is tomorrow because Paws & Claws doesn't take animals in on the weekends! Had we known that, we'd have taken her in on Friday before hearing back from the neighbor that he didn't adopt her. (we don't think he's telling the truth because in the same sentence, he said he is looking for a lab puppy ~ maybe he already took this one home and decided she was too much work because the construction guy from down the road said that the neighbors name was the right guy who'd adopted this dog. . .)
Yesterday at the FB game, another mom was telling me about this Coach Heinz/Hines that's on YouTube. Her older boys thought it was great that their little brother has Coach Hines for a coach! Well, the real coach Hines is actually from a Fox show and there is a website you can go to and watch the clips. The funniest one is the one about steroids, called Juicin'. Here is the website with the best clip of it even though you can't see it in a bigger screen:
http://www.coachhinesrants.com/juicinrant.html
Tonight to try and cheer Chris up, I decided to make a Kuchen recipe that was in the Rochester Women magazine (picked it up because I saw my cousin, Sylvia, on the cover). We tried the recipe and subbed the peaches for apples because that's how Chris remembered it and it wasn't at all like his mom's recipe. He said it was more like a pastry and as he described it, it sounded like a dessert pizza to me :~) So far, we decided that she must've used canned peach pie filling because just plain canned peaches were not it! The crust/dough on the recipe I used wasn't quite right either (but I liked it). I have the recipe for dessert pizza from Godfathers, so we will probably start from there and try to modify back to what Chris remembers as Kuchen. My grandma gave me a couple recipes for Kuchen and they are both really different. One was similar to what we tried tonight and the other one had more of a yeast bread crust that you had to punch down, let rise, punch down, etc. Chris is happy that we'll keep trying until we get it right and maybe we'll be rolly-polly by Christmas! LOL
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment