Monday, September 28, 2009

It's been a long day. . .

I swear that school this year is gonna kill me. Today a kid in Bray's class insisted that Brayton's sweatshirt was his own (it's a really warm fleece lined hoodie) so Brayton didn't have a coat in this wind at recess. His teachers answer? She wasn't sure whose it was, so the other kid got it. Not real sure how helpful the lunchroom helpers were either. . . They all have to hang up their coats before eating and then get them before going to recess and I'm hoping that one of the boys forgot where he hung his coat, but so far, I can't get his mother to answer her phone.

Taite's class didn't get to go outside again today because they didn't have their homework done in class (no, they don't bring "home"work home. . .) I'm thinking this allows his teacher more indoor time to do her studies for the Principal classes she is taking! Today she emailed out her daily email before school was even over. . . Hmmm, was she busy typing this and that's why they couldn't go outside?

So, there are only 2 more football games left and Chris is counting them down. This makes me very sad because next year these boys won't have the opportunity to have such a dedicated coach and there are at LEAST 2 other coaches that I do NOT want to coach either of my boys. . .


For Saturday's game, Chris had withheld scrimmaging all week so they would be fired up to play football. Well, the one kid who told his classmates on Friday that he wasn't coming to the game, showed up right at game time (walking) and then didn't do his job at all during the game. I videotaped some of the game (I had the camera off sometimes when I thought it was on, sometimes it wasn't on at all and at the beginning, I didn't even have a tape in there), so Chris could clearly see who wasn't doing their job and it was always the same kid. Then to top it off on the other team, they had a kid who would push our players down after the whistle when they were headed to the huddle! One time the ref was standing right there and didn't call anything!!! What the @#$#@ is that teaching our kids??? UGH!

Here are some pictures of the boys who showed up early before the game to warm-up. We were at the field at 8:05 and our game didn't start until 9:45. I'm amazed at how much some of these kids really LOVE football. You can tell they are "bugging" their parents to get them to the field way early! The one player whose mom signed him up to teach him "aggression" showed up with his eyes 1/2 closed as usual. So, Chris asked him what medications he had taken: Tylenol, allergy pill, nasal spray and his "head" medicine. He was so doped up, he was no good to the team, but worse than that, he would get hurt! What are these parents thinking sometimes?? Chris did the test where you try to follow a finger (think drunk driver test) and his eyes were jumping all over the whole time. They tried to play him the second half, but he complained that he couldn't see because of the smoke (they were grilling some greasy burgers at the food stand), so he didn't play the whole game and doesn't practice during the week because he really doesn't want to be there, but his mom wants this so badly, she keeps bringing him back.

Here is Taite practicing the long snap to the QB, Eli (he's super good, but not arrogant at all ~ gotta LOVE that!!!). To Taite's right is Bo (he weighs 150!) and then the wide out (I think that's what you call him) is our little guy, Alex. He is the little firecracker who isn't afraid of anything! That's Bo's dad helping out while they run through some plays.





Some more boys showed up.




The boy's mom also involved in the coat mix-up called me back a little bit ago and said that when her son realized the coat he had wasn't his, he gave it to a "teacher" and she put Bray's coat in the Lost and Found. . . 1. Why didn't he give it to Brayton when he realized it wasn't his? They are in the same class (I think). 2. Why didn't the "teacher" (I'm thinking it's the para's in the lunchroom) give it to the boys' teacher? I have a theory, but that's a whole nother post that I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to share with you at some point and it involves the question "why do you work at a school if you have no energy and don't like kids???" Answer ~ you like the power trip you have over these kids!
Okay, enough of my rant(s) ~ tonight we had some good comfort food! Soup and homemade biscuits. I wanted a potato soup that was somewhat creamy, but not too thick and the perfect thickener is potato flakes. It was a hit at supper tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment