So, tonight I am posting quick before we head out for football practice ~ Bray and I can go now that they moved the time up to 5:30 - 7.
Today I picked up 2 shower curtains today because Brayton's teacher from last year asked if I would make some kitchen curtains for her. Why shower curtains you ask? Well, sometimes you have to be creative if you are looking for a simple curtain, you can make them out of almost anything!!! In this case, she is looking for modern stripes that will match her kitchen accent wall that is red. I'm curious to see what she thinks of what I found. I also had a creative moment today and surprised and excited myself! When I was in this new store that is only open on Thursdays and Saturdays (good idea, I think!) I saw these pretty easels (small ones, you know, to hold pictures?) and thought what a perfect curtain tie-back they would make! What do you think??? (the curtains need to be ironed ~ a deal I found in Target! 84" panels for $7.49 ~ original price $29.99!)
Yesterday I watched Josey while Steph got a massage and shopped the whole town of Rochester (hehe ~ I beat her out of the driveway when she picked Josey up because I was picking the boys up from school so we could go get our flu shots). Here's a picture of Josey. . .
When we got to Target, they had a family filling out the paperwork for their flu shots, so we had to wait (even though we already had the paperwork filled out ~ didn't get that one, but I didn't argue). I swung through the sunglasses and the boys decided to try some on. I thought they were funny because I think the sunglasses now are too big for adults and are especially too big for the boys!
In case you haven't looked at the website for football recently (game on Saturday is at 9:45), they have posted the team pictures and here is the Orange team. I was going to call them Taite's team, but they are also Chris' team.
Since we were the first ones to practice (Chris likes to be there when his players arrive), Chris and Taite warmed up a little by playing catch. Shortly after they started, Coach Stemper arrived and had his son Reese with him, then another player and another player showed up. They had most of their players already practicing before 5:30. In this first picture, you can see a couple kids in the background on the left side and that's where most of the kids from the orange team would come around the corner and see they were already running plays and would take off in a sprint to get over to their team and join in. It's so much fun to see their enthusiasm!
With these kids, they were running a reverse handoff with the coaches filling in as players. The two boys in yellow are Taite and Reese ~ the coach's kids :~)
Chris playing QB. . .
As more kids were joining in:
Here is a video of one of the drills Chris incorporated this week because last Saturday the boys would get knocked down and would lay there. This one shows them they need to pop back up and can still make a tackle or even if they can't get all the way back up, they can still be effective in ending the play!
Here's a video of Taite going against Conner ~ Conner is a little faster and taller than Taite, so it was fun to watch :~)
Here is Taite against Reese. Reese outweighs Taite by about 50 lbs, but he is very coordinated for his size and most times Taite is manhandled by Reese which just pushes Taite to work harder and get him next time.



I did not shop the whole town of Rochester.
ReplyDelete