Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yeah, a good day!

This morning I drove the boys to school because we watched a movie last night that ended later than I thought it would (we actually started it on Sunday night and then a couple came to look at our camper ~ they are interested, but have to sell theirs first). The first thing we did was found Bray's sweatshirt in the lost and found and I wrote 'Heinz' on the tag, so he can look for that from now on. Then we went to his classroom to find out some things (he was missing some things when we did homework last night). I'm proud to announce that it wasn't all Brayton's fault that he was missing things.

Today we also got to finish that yummy soup I made last night! I was going to put the recipe on here, but I am saving it for our soup cook off. If you really want it and are not a part of my immediate family I will email you the recipe ;~)

Tonight Bray and I went to practice and I thought my winter coat, gloves and scarf would be enough to keep me warm, but they were not. I ended up using Brayton's blanket he uses to lay on to wrap up in and my toes were still frozen! Tonight the team was going to scrimmage the black team, who they played on Saturday, provided the black team improved their sportsmanship. Saturday they had some dirty playing going on. Well, tonight was no different, but Chris did a good job of reminding the kids to keep a level head and then he gave them some legal, get even moves. One kid in particular was very mean and dirty so Chris told the guy who blocks him to stand him up and then our littlest guy, who is just a firecracker to lay him out. I know, it sounds mean, but this kid is big and he'd shove on our guys to get up from the pile, I saw him with his hands in the helmets both in the front AND the back!!! Well, the play worked out like a dream and the bad kid from the black team was laid out on his back and the pile fell on him. That's what you're gonna get when you mess with the orange team!!! You will never guess, though, what happened after the scrimmage. The coach from the black team came over and apologized to the orange team, but after practice, he came back to our coaches and said that it was really the orange teams fault his players were playing dirty. Ummmm, our team didn't play dirty on Saturday during the game, but the black team did. . . Unfortunately, this cancelled out his apology, but it was fun to watch Chris out coach him! :~) And tonight was the 3rd night they had practice start at 5:30 and one kid still showed up at 6:00 and his dad didn' t pick him up until 7:30 even after his son had called him, which means we all have to stand around with him until his dad shows up. . . soooo cold!!

One last good thing (this one won't seem so great to some of you, but if you have young kids and buy milk at Kwik Trip, you'll get it!) happened when we stopped at KT after practice, which is kind of our routine) and they let us take a crate for our bags of milk! YEAH!! This will be so much easier than trying to bag them all up and then unbag them at home!

Okay, I have to get to Jay's Housewives special!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa! I'm not family and I would LOVE for you to send me your soup recipe :)!! I'm sure this comes as a total surprise to you! LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete