Monday, September 21, 2009

Just an update (condensed)

Thursday & Friday the boys were home with colds. Bray's was in his head and Taite's is more in his chest. Taite was wheezing and sounded bad on Friday afternoon and Chris took him to Urgent Care because at Target she told Chris that Taite would need a chest x-ray. The Dr. at U.C. said it was probably just his allergies combined with a cold causing bronchial spasms and no pneumonia or anything serious. We have an abundance of Albuterol at our house now. . .

A cute story from Friday afternoon: at 2:30 Taite wanted to know what channel Ellen was on (she comes on at 4 and we watch her together when the boys get home from school, so he was a little early!)

Despite being sick, Taite wanted to play football on Saturday and he wasn't alone in his sluggishness. The whole team looked like they didn't show up for the game except for the last drive in the end of the 4th quarter, Chris got them pumped up and they marched down the field. Here is a video of how they hustled back to the line after huddle and such, but it was not even near this much energy the rest of the game!

Saturday afternoon Bray decided he wanted to call Carmen. Taite was at a friend's house, so I let Bray have my cell. He looked so cute when talking on it!



The boys are feeling much better and Taite even came with a little wit yesterday! I called home to ask him to get a frozen pizza out and to turn on the oven (we went to get the skid loader from dad's so we could squeeze the camper in as close to the shed walls as possible). If you have ever called our house and spoke to Taite, most times he is watching TV or playing a game, so he really isn't paying attention and it is not difficult to determine this! So, when I asked him if he knew how to start the oven he said "you just add water, right?" I thought he was serious! Then he laughed and said "that was a joke, mom". :~)

My dad's co-worker and neighbor to my mom & dad and grandma (all the same person, Kim) gave us a tote of Halloween decorations (not sure if we are supposed to take that as a hint and not stop there this year or not. . .) and I was going through them yesterday when Chris found this mask. He put a battery in it and decided to scare the boys. I apologize that the video is sideways, I wasn't thinking about that when I filmed it, but I thought we'd get a lot better "scare" out of them than this! Baby didn't like him with the mask on and I think it would've really scared the boys if he'd have gotten her to bark at him more, but then he'd run the risk of her biting him to protect the boys! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment