This is the title of my new favorite book! I just love kids books and the crazy things they can be about. I mean, come on, you know you'd never find an adult book with this title! (Watch, some moron will have an adult book by this title! LOL) Anyway, I asked the boys if they would read this book with me and we each took turns reading a page. We had to remind Brayton sometimes to read and not just look at the pictures, but it was fun!
It was especially funny when Bray decided he would "fix" the phone he got at Sunday school
(actually a game in the shape of a phone to keep them occupied when they were done with the Christmas program). The game is one of those you have water inside and rings with pegs that you push buttons that make bubbles and move the rings around ~ follow? Maybe the picture will help you out, no? Anyway, he has these "tools" made out toys ~ you have to use your imagination (they are the red/orange/green, yellow/red and blue/yellow/white things in the pictures) and he's been using these tools around the house to fix things: cracks, non-broken things, etc. (did some "fixing" at Grandma & Grandpa's too!). So he took these tools and "sawed" on
his phone. He told us he "sawed" 'Made in China' on the back of his phone. Then he decides he has to get his phone fixed so he can call the aliens to see if they really do like underpants. He finally repaired his phone tonight (we were all waiting with bated breath!) and told the aliens to bring to earth two of the pairs of underpants in the book that had the aliens on them. Brayton and I both thought they were cute. I told Bray to tell the Aliens that we needed one small pair (for me) and one XL pair for him ~ he didn't think that was right, but I said we were just going to wear them on our heads anyway!
I just had to take a picture of this ~ he uses one of those paper
cups from the bathroom (for when they brush their teeth) as a cell phone holder. Last night and tonight he had to make sure he had his phone put in it's holder :~)
I remembered one more thing (unrelated to Aliens ~ not so much the underpants, though as Brayton pointed out) both boys got their spelling pre-test words correct today, so they have like a 3 week break from spelling tests! Yea!! One of Brayton's words was "under", so he thought that fit into our Alien story quite nicely!
I just had to take a picture of this ~ he uses one of those paper
I remembered one more thing (unrelated to Aliens ~ not so much the underpants, though as Brayton pointed out) both boys got their spelling pre-test words correct today, so they have like a 3 week break from spelling tests! Yea!! One of Brayton's words was "under", so he thought that fit into our Alien story quite nicely!

No comments:
Post a Comment