Today when I went to help in Taite's classroom, I had my whole group convinced that we have a rule at our house that you cannot laugh. Taite's friend Carlie has been to our house and tried to tell everyone I was just kidding that we can laugh, but they weren't buying it! Needless to say, we did a lot of laughing during our sewing projects!
Tonight we went to TJ Maxx (the boys & I ~ Chris is in Omaha) and every time we went down an aisle with breakable stuff I told the boys not to touch anything. They couldn't look, though, from the middle of the aisle ~ noooo. . . Brayton had to look at it like he was almost blind and I repeatedly told him to step back from the glass stuff! (It was just a few aisles over that he knocked over 3 of these utensil holders, thankfully they were plastic!) As this had gone on for a little while (Bray up-close and me telling him to get back) another customer happened to come over to the boys and tell them what a nice job they were doing standing there while I shopped! I asked her if she just heard me yelling at them to step back and she said she hadn't, just thought they were behaving well and she was impressed! Apparently she'd missed the banging of the utensil holders and my "what the hell?!"
On our way home from town (Oh yeah, filled up for $1.47 ~ $.22 cheaper than the others in Roch) any way. . . On our way home, Taite asks me "Do you believe in ghosts?" I couldn't resist, so here is how our conversation went:
M: Haven't I answered this question like 50 times?!
T: No.
M: Yes, I have! You always start out by asking 'Are ghosts real?' and what do I say?
T: (no idea)
B: You always say it depends on who you ask (I mean Brayton repeated almost verbatim what I say!)
(((Insert my raving about one of my sons listening to me and hearing what I say AND retaining that knowledge ~~~ and here the whole time I was thinking that I was the "invisible" mom and no one could really hear any words that come out of my mouth!)))
M: So then Taite will ask me 'Do you believe in ghosts?' And what do I say?
B: It depends on who you ask (at least he got it the first time)
M: No, this is where I say, yes, I believe in ghosts.
Again, we laughed and I think Taite got my point, but do I think he'll remember if I believe in ghosts???
NO! But that's okay~ he gave me lots of hugs and stuff when we were doing homework, so it's all good!!! :~)

No comments:
Post a Comment