Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow Day!!

Today the boys had their first snow day of the season! I was expecting the call to come from the school so I didn't sleep well (I don't really understand it myself ~ LOL). When there is a late start or school is cancelled, the automated phone system the school has will call each student's home. I kept waiting for the call and finally one time I looked at the clock and it was only 2:30 ~ yep, I'll sleep well tonight!! I had big ideas to bake cookies and sing songs and stuff with the boys today, but the laundry situation won out and I was lucky to have the milk hot for hot cocoa when the boys came in from outside. The second time Brayton had to ask for it.

The boys played a couple of times out in the snow. The first time I went out to see if they needed new hats to stay warm or face masks or anything and they were playing right where the wind was whipping the snow through the yard! I mean literally the wind was straight out of the north and they were playing between the house and the shed where the snow was drifting up. When I took face masks out to them and told them to play behind the house, Brayton's eyelashes were so full of snow, I couldn't get it all wiped off!

Chris got to play in the snow with the "new" tractor. Of course the blade we have is too small! Well, according to him anyway :~)

Even Baby likes to play in the snow. She runs around and hops in the snow and then smells like she is hunting something ~ I didn't really think she was until she came up with a mouse! It was still moving and quit fat! I went to try and stomp on it (I don't want it in my house!) just as Baby went to grab it again and I stepped on Baby's nose! OOPS!! She looked at me like "What was that for?!" but she never yelped and I repeatedly told her I was sorry and rubbed her nose for her! Oh, and I made a little bigger coat for her to wear outside ~ it covers more of her stomach, but is of the same material ~ had plenty on hand! I tried to make "boots" too, but you guessed it ~ more globs of thread underneath the fabric! UGH that machine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment