Saturday, December 6, 2008

I thought things would slow down after we got through Taite's birthday, but I really don't know what I was basing that on. . .


Yesterday my mom & I helped in Brayton's class. They were doing Christmas projects and we were in charge of helping them "sew" their stocking. The "stocking" was really two pieces of paper with holes punched around it and they had a piece of yarn to sew with. When they were done, we had to spell their name in glue on the top of the stocking and sprinkle glitter all around it. They turned out really cute! I love working with kids at that age and Brayton's teacher is sooo good! It's obviously chaotic because it's Friday and they have Stations, but she's as calm as ever! Perfect, really, for this group because they seem to be a little chatty anyways, or so I've heard :~)

From the school my mom & dad went to the Cities so my mom could go to a Kenny G concert with her sister. She wanted me to let the dogs out when we got Grandma's mail and the mail from the office, but that would've been like 30 minutes after my dad left, so we picked them up instead. I thought it would be good for Baby to have someone to play with. Well, Baby doesn't like it when Maisie jumps on me, so we had to set the record straight right from the beginning. But Baby is so good that once I remind her, she doesn't do it again. She wasn't crazy about Maisie, but she didn't nip at her again. Strangely, when we would go out for potty breaks, Maisie & Baby would run all over, but in the house when Maisie was ripping around Baby kept watching her like she was crazy and would back away from her! It was really very funny. As it worked out, the snowing and blowing may have delayed my parents return home, so we kept the dogs overnight. It went really well and once you have one dog, what are 2 more?

Brayton found this new website last night that allows him to create different things (flowers to give away to someone, a snowman, etc.) and the neat thing is when he prints what he's made, there are lines (you know the kind ~ a solid on top and bottom and a dotted line in the middle) for him to write sentences about what he created. For example, he made a pink poppy flower for me and on the lines it has written (printed from the website to get them started) "Here is a ________ just for you because __________. He was so excited that he was writing all these sentences to go with the pictures. If anyone is interested, it says starfall.com on the bottom of the sheet.

Today I am having a Wildtree tasting party. I've heard good things, but never been to one. It should be fun because a few people are coming :~)

Tomorrow afternoon me and 2 other moms are getting together to prepare a door hanger that Taite's class is going to make at their Christmas party. It has a LOT of pieces to cut out for each door hanger, so hopefully we don't go crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment