Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Couple of funny things. . .

School Store
About 2 times a month, the kids have an opportunity to go to the school store (Taite even has to work at it for Student Council). Brayton has been asking for us to send $5 with him to school so he can go to the store. . . Here's how our conversation went before sending money (Monica this is for you :~):
B: Mom, I need $5 so I can go to the school store.
M: I am not sending $5 with you, I'll give you $2 and I'm sure that will be plenty!
B: No, I need $5.
M: I don't think there is anything at the school store that you would need $5 for.
(Brayton tells me some girl in his class always has $5 for the store)
B: I think you pay $5 to get in the door and then everything is free after that.

I knew that wasn't the case and only sent $2 and he bought a pen with the 4 or 5 different colors in it. Even trying to figure out how much he paid for that was an ordeal. He kept telling me he got his $2 back plus a quarter! Ironically Bray's teacher sent out the list of prices for the school store the other day (I can see why he thought with $5 you could get whatever you wanted! Can you imagine the armload of stuff that girl comes out with every time she takes $5 to the School Store?!)

Folders –Street Car and Animals ……………………….$1.00
Bookmarks – Twisted Wiskers……………………………..$.50
Bookmarks – Animals………………………………………………$.75
Erasers – Safari………………………………………………………$.75
Erasers – Assorted ………………………………………………..$.50
Eraser – Twist-ease………………………………………………..$.50
Highlighters – Mini………………………………………………….$.50
Notepads – Flip Flops and Power Machines……........…..$.50
Pencils………………………………..………………………………$.25
Rainbow Writer Pencil…………………………………………….$.40
Pencil Sharpeners…………………………………………………….$.75
Mechanical Pencils……………………………………………………$.50
High School Musical Mechanical Pencils……….............……..$.75
Pencil Leads……………………………………………………………….$.50
Pencil grips………………………………………………………………..$.25
Rulers – Bendable…………………………………………………….$.50
Pencil Pouches………………………………………………………….$1.25
Color Click Pens………………………………………………………..$.75
Mini Megafat Pens…………………………………………………..$.50
Megafat Pen……………………………………………………………..$.75

Peanuts
Since my dad has known Chris (approximately 13 1/2 years) my dad has been offering Chris peanuts and the rest of us would say in unison:
"He doesn't like nuts!"
And my dad would say:
"He'll learn to like them"

Well, the other day Chris said "Your dad was right, I do like peanuts!" Now, he has a little snack of salted in the shell peanuts in the afternoons :~)

2 comments: