Monday, December 22, 2008

We're ready. . .

YEAH!! Sunday I finished up some things for Christmas and we made Christmas cookies! I had a gift project to do and then I had to make a sample of the project for Taite's Christmas party (for today). I messed up that (forgot Santa's mittens), but it makes the kids feel good if they can point out a mistake made by an adult LOL ~ I really did it for their benefit. Then we made the cookies. I have to admit, we haven't done this before. I know, I know, I'm normally so cool and would be all over a project like this, but I really don't care for the mess! Plus, I could see it being a project that has a lot of hands to help at the start of the project, but then I would be the only one to finish and clean up. I was surprised by how well our decorating and cutting went! I rolled out the first "bunch" and then the boys just took over rolled what dough they had and it worked perfect! They patiently waited for the cookies to cool so we could decorate them (there was a meal in between). I made two small batches of frosting so they could each decorate in the color of their choice. The baggies with a tip cut off didn't work the best, but for Taite that wasn't a problem ~ just glob as much frosting on as you could! Brayton, of course, was a little slower and tried really hard to decorate, more than "glob". He would add frosting, sprinkles, more frosting, more sprinkles and so on. The one picture of him is where he'd decorated a tree and he had so much frosting and sprinkles on there, it was overflowing onto the table. He picked it up and wiped all the dripping frosting off and licked his fingers :~) At one point (before we started) I was dreaming a "mommy dream" that we could take these beautiful plates of cookies with us as we went to Christmases, but that ain't gonna happen! These are all just for us, but that's okay ~ the boys LOVED it! Oh, yeah, we did have Chris mix up some frosting so we could frost the cookies and I thought he was just going to leave it white so we could use the sprinkles, but we ended up with orange frosting ~ we'll have to remember the recipe in case we make cookies for Halloween!














No comments:

Post a Comment