A Boy and His Dog
Since we moved Taite's bed on the floor, the dog loves to be able to get on Taite's bed. Last night I jumped on the bed while Taite was brushing his teeth and Baby must have been tired. She about ran into me trying to snuggle in! When Taite came to bed, she was even happier. Chris and I were talking to Taite for a little bit and when we were going to leave, Chris tried to call Baby out of the room and she just peeked her head over Taite's covers ~
This morning Taite said that last night was like a "once in a lifetime" thing ~ getting Baby to snuggle with him in his bed. He said that when he tried to kick her out, she didn't want to have anything to do with that. I told him, next time if he happens to fall asleep, that's fine, we can come and get her so he doesn't have to worry about it.
A Boy and His Camera
Since we found Brayton's camera, he keeps wanting to take "kid" shots ~ you know, crappy ones or ones of just things. Well, yesterday it was me he wanted to take a picture of ~ can't he see I am having a bad hair day??? After this one, he said I didn't really smile, so he took another one. . .

Not much better ~ still the same hair LOL

Today he was excited to see the huge snowflakes falling! I have never seen such big ones and they were probably 1 1/2 inches across! Mom compared them to ready made snowballs!
Today he was excited to see the huge snowflakes falling! I have never seen such big ones and they were probably 1 1/2 inches across! Mom compared them to ready made snowballs!
Unfortunately, as I am typing now, the scene is much different!
Guess I'll have to get out the snowman dishes :~)
Another Great recipe (if I do say so myself!)
I made a roast (the easy one ~ roast, can of beer, dry onion soup mix ~ YUM!) the other night and we didn't eat too much (just me and the boys). I reheated it Wednesday night when we were all 4 home and still had a lot leftover. So I decided to make a vegetable beef soup. The only problem was that I didn't have any fresh veggies ~ duh, I didn't need any! I cooked some barley (one cup comes out to 3 cups), chopped up my roast, added a can of drained veg-al veggies, one can of chopped tomatoes (not canned) and approximately 6 cups of beef broth (this could vary if you don't have much meat) and Brayton asked me where I "got" this soup from! I took that as a huge compliment because he had just had a can of Campbell's Vegetable Beef soup earlier in the week! I tasted it to see what spices I could add and it didn't really need any! I did add about 1/2 tsp of Emeril's Essence, but could've added a little more (you can look up the recipe for EE online and I smelled every spice I had and none of them smelled "right" for beef soup!)

No comments:
Post a Comment