Saturday, October 17, 2009

Just a quick update. . .

So, as I was cleaning up Taite's pile of Kleenexes off the floor of the spare bedroom a.k.a. sick room, I was thinking I should've taken a picture. The kid is on his way to being the perfect sick male. . . I bet there was a whole box of Kleenexes on the floor, some used real well, and others looked like he pulled them out of the box and threw them on the floor! He wouldn't even try to hit a garbage, he would just toss it off the bed. The reason I was cleaning up the room was because Thursday night/Friday morning Brayton woke up with a terrible headache and a high fever. Since Taite was still in the sick room (makes you want to come and visit doesn't it ~ so you can sleep in the spare bedroom? LOL) we put Bray in our bed and I slept on the floor in our room and Chris moved to the couch. Chris suggested that I sleep in the bed with Bray, but if he were to turn and breathe on me, I don't particularly want this. . . He did sleep in until 9 am though, but still said "Taite finally got out of bed?" when he came out of our room. Taite was up and at it early yesterday! He feels like his old self again and he may be going through a growth spurt! He's eating like crazy, but being very conscious of his snack choices and eating healthy. He even asked me if he cooked a pop tart would it make it have less calories? Well, when you cook beer or wine in something, it's not alcoholic anymore. . .

We stripped the bed, anti-bacterial wiped everything and got the sick room ready for Bray. When I told him, he was in that room now he said "You mean I have the swine flu??? But my headache went away!" LOL His fever isn't going away as quickly as Taite's but I guess the thing to be concerned about is keeping his lungs clear and we have been making sure to get 3 doses of Albuterol in both of them every day.

I am home this morning with just the sick boy because Chris and Taite went with my dad to Cabela's. I have so many things to do today, that I don't know where to start! I really wanted to sew, but I think the cleaning and laundry will trump that :) Speaking of, I'd better get to it before they come home and I haven't accomplished anything except drink coffee!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, just wanted to let you know that I have been sick now! That is why you have not heard from me. Yikes! At least it will all be behind us soon right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you noticed you talk about food a lot? I think we need to schedule an intervention :)

    ReplyDelete