Chris has said it many times since last night "It feels so good to be home" and I feel the same! My computer problem has been solved and I don't have to work at the office by myself :~) He was able to enjoy the BBQ ribs tonight and JoJo's and thought they were excellent even if they were just leftovers!
Tonight was Brayton's last Augmentin dose! He was happy because he does NOT like the flavor, though it's not nearly as bad as that antiviral drug. That means it's one less thing to remember in the mornings before school.
Tomorrow is a big day at school with the Mega Party (big blow up things and games ~ each grade gets an hour of time there and it's put on by the PTO) and they have Halloween parties to look forward to. It's basically a party day except for the math test Taite has to take.
Today Taite's class had a big science test and at the end of each school day, we receive an email from his teacher and here was a little from that email:
"Our Science Test average was 83% which means we have about 6 kiddos who failed the test. Not sure what happened other than I would imagine no studying or not enough!"
Chris and I read this and looked at each other. I was pretty confident Taite wasn't one of the 6 because I had studied with him a lot and had made him study for that 1/2 hour last night. When we got home from the office, the boys were just getting to the house and Taite said "I got 100% on my science!!!" (big smile!) YES! I asked him if he even thought of me when he saw his grade since I made him study for a 1/2 hour the night before and he did! He also said he was glad he studied, so hopefully it won't be such a chore next time, but I'm not holding my breath ~ hehe!
Grandma is enjoying her TV. Today Chris took her her mail and was talking about the extra channels she gets now with a digital TV. At first she said all she watches is the news and Wheel of Fortune, but Chris said that some nights she might just like to flip through and see whats on. Well, she said she had watched a show the other night on logging and it was kind of from when she was a kid, so it was interesting. Then she admitted to watching a show about cookies, but she said they were putting dried cranberries in them (kind of like "yuck!"). I'm glad this TV will give her some really clear pictures and different options on the long nights alone. Obviously, it doesn't take the place of an actual human, but we all know how nice it can be to have a little variety in life :D
Brayton said he has trouble getting to sleep at night so tonight I suggested listening to a CD. He said "oh, yeah, I used to like that music that you would play when I took naps over at the office" (great! that was a long time ago!) I tried to find some instrumental (that's all the farther I could narrow it down) CD's and came up with one. I tried to play it and his CD player needed a cleaning; tracked down the cleaning CD; got it playing and then tried the CD. It played and with the first few notes, Bray says "yeah, that's the CD I remember!" WHEW!!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment