Thursday, October 15, 2009

We are surviving

So, this is the big MEA weekend of the school year. No school starting yesterday (Wednesday) and we had BIG plans! We are home because Taite has H1N1. Normally, we would not have known for sure what they have but in his case, he's had a cough for over a month and then he developed a fever on Saturday night. It was low grade until late on Sunday. It was just over 102 Sunday and Monday and his coughing seemed to get worse, so we decided to take him in. They listened to his lungs and the right one was clear, the left one was wheezy. They swab his nose to see if he for sure has the H1N1 and then prescribed Tamiflu since he was positive. Tamiflu prevents the flu bug from multiplying so the body can do what it does naturally to fight this off. He's been looking great after taking the Tamiflu, but still just prefers to hang out in bed because he fells "wore out". The fact that he isn't playing Wii or downstairs tells me that he really is wiped out. We plan on watching movies and tried the Redbox movies available at Walmart & HyVee. It's pretty slick and if you return them after one night, it's only a buck! They didn't have the movies we were hoping for, but we watched a good one anyway (Monsters vs. Aliens). Overall, we are glad we didn't "push" things just to try and fulfill our plans for this weekend. We've already promised the boys that we will reschedule the weekend since they are both doing fine in school.

I guess I should rephrase that a little. They are academically doing well. . . Brayton is having some behavioral problems (please do NOT say anything to him!) and we aren't quite sure what is prompting them. We have discussed it or rather exhausted the issue with him, so hopefully, this will be the end of the baffling behavior.

On a positive note, the weather has been conducive to sewing! I am thinking longer and more about getting a web page set up and printing some business cards. It comes back to the name thing and I'm leaning towards "Lisa 'n Stitch". The other possibility is "Me Sew Crazy", but I don't want anyone who doesn't know me to be scared to work with me because they think I'm a little loony ~ is that a legit thought?? I have my 2nd camera bag almost done and already have some more fabric to start on another bag. I did finish my Breast Cancer Awareness purse and I love it, but have to remind myself that I can't keep all the bags I make! :D I found some fabric today at JoAnn's that will make a super cute summer bag (yes, I am keeping one of these!) and as an added bonus ~ it was on clearance!! Just $3 a yard and the possibilities of coordinating fabrics are what make it even more fun! I will post pictures later on that one.

Speaking of posting pictures, I read Monica's blog and can't imagine the time she spends uploading pics! It drives me crazy waiting for them to upload and then to spend the time organizing them is even worse! What I don't get is that if I don't have the patience for it, how does Monica? She's more impatient than me! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment