Today is the day Chris comes home from his travels (for awhile anyway). Well, that was the plan. . . His day started at 4:30 Vancouver time (that's 2:30 our time) and they went to the Vancouver airport and checked in. Chris called me during this time and we were cut off because the Medical Group was calling him to get some information straight. That call took about 1/2 hour and by the time he was finished, Chris forgot to put his wallet in his bag. . . He realized this after standing outside the tarmac and from that point, they do not let you back into the airport. A flight personnel went back into the airport to help find his wallet and came back with nothing. Chris called me at this time (the f-bomb flying) to tell me to cancel all credit cards, well at least the ones we could remember. I know, to be safe with something like this, we need to have photocopies of all our cards in a file somewhere for just such an instance as this, but we don't. Chris' flight was only from Vancouver to Seattle and by the time he called me to say that Vancouver Customs had found his wallet and turned it into Lost and Found, I had already cancelled 90% of his cards. I continued to finish the job because even though his money was in the wallet and they said it looked intact, Chris had just read about when people loose their wallet and it's returned with everything in it, people assume it's okay so they don't close the accounts and then the thieves are using the numbers and they are good. Kind of a stressful morning :D
I noticed that Brayton has been having coughing spells occasionally so I made an appt to have his lungs checked out (with kids still dying from the flu, we are not taking any chances!). The Dr. said that his lungs still sounded like there is "stuff" in them, but nothing to be alarmed about. We need to keep up with his neb treatments for an undetermined amount of time (possibly up to 3-4 weeks) and can try giving him Ibuprofen once a day to help reduce the inflammation in his lungs ~ hadn't thought of that one, nor has any other Dr. told us that, but it makes sense.
Tonight for supper (thanks to my cousin Kim) the boys and I had an excellent "Welcome Home" supper for Chris (minus Chris). I made homemade BBQ ribs and JoJo potatoes. The boys enjoyed getting messy, but they did wash their hands a few times during the meal (they are my boys, so what did you expect?) hehe It was good, but we really wish Chris would have been home. The ironic thing is that Chris was to the airport so early this morning, he could've gotten on earlier flights, but he realized it after checking his bag. Then he wouldn't have been available when the insurance thing came up and he wouldn't have forgotten his wallet. Oh, and the last let of his flight from Seattle to MSP was delayed 2 hours, so he could've hung out in Vancouver and caught a later flight which would have allowed him time to look for his wallet in Vancouver.
Taite is still struggling with this "studying" concept. He wants to set a number of times that he has to read over something and then be done, not declare himself done when he knows the information. Tonight I stressed to him, again, that before he asks me to quiz him, he needs to know the information. To make that happen, we recorded the Monsters vs. Aliens Halloween special and Brayton and I watched the Charlie Brown special the Great Pumpkin (or something like that) since Taite had seen it in school today.
Disaster #2 for Chris today (I'm not sure how I came up with 2) ~ he parked the truck in the ramp at the airport and to get out, you need the credit card you used to get in ~ that is on it's way home from Vancouver. . .
Oh, did I mention that my computer at work has something wrong with it? I couldn't log in from home this morning, so when I went over to the office, I couldn't get it to work either, so I shut it down. It turned on and kept looping through screens like it was trying to turn on, so I shut it off again. Annnddd, nothing. Well, it tries to turn on and goes through all the screens again, and again, and again. So, I had to come home, Chris walked me through setting up my work email on my laptop and then to access the other stuff that we use for work, I had to log onto Chris' computer from my laptop. The only problem I had was when I email docs, we create PDF's and the one I tried on Chris' computer said it was corrupt, so that didn't work so well and I'm saving that one for tomorrow (I sent the necessary details in an email and it just wasn't on an "official" form).
Oh, my poor husband (he has been waiting all day for homemade ribs because I told him how I started them last night and they slow cooked all day so they are soooo tender) he might not be able to leave the airport with the truck. He's waiting for a manager and they are checking on this. . .
And on a happy note (well, it just makes me laugh) the ugliest wedding dress ever is on Craigslist again! This dress has, no lie, been on CL for 1 1/2 years ~ it started out at $200 and is so ugly! The reason it's so funny is it drives Steph crazy, like Postal crazy! The only reason the dress is annoying, I think, is this lady used to post a whole list of crap on a regular basis. It was the same crap and you knew it was all just her posting because it said the same location and every time this list of stuff was posted it was all posted at the same time, same group of items (diaper points from HyVee, basket, free bed wanted for toddler, wedding dress, antique (not antique, just ugly) footstool, and these are just the items I remember!) So anyway, the basket that kept getting posted had this description about what a nice basket it was, yada yada and all it was was one of those that comes with plant arrangements (from a floral shop) for free and that started out at $5 and eventually (after months of postings) went to $2 when another CL scanner went postal on this posting of a basket. He posted a separate listing and said nobody wants the stupid basket and if it was so great, why didn't she keep it, did she really need the $2??? LMAO! I sent that guy and email for his posting thanking him. :D He'd took one for the team and went postal so the rest of us didn't have to! I feel like I'm typing a Miller Lite (or is it Bud Lite) commercial and here is where I say "Thank you Mr. Going Postal on a Craigslist poster person!" (think announcer voice here)
So anyway (sorry for the long posting tonight ~ Chris is gone, so I have no one to talk to ~ pathetic, huh??), this dress has been down to $25 for about 9 months now (you'd think this lady would get a clue. . .) and we (my mom, sister and I) are thinking of pitching in, offering her $10 and having a dress burring party! We'll take pictures and then post those for everyone else on CL who is oh so sick of seeing this reposting on CL! Okay, I would never post pics like that because it would be mean, but sometimes I like to dream that I could do something and not care about how someone else would feel about it ~ hehe
One last Chris update:
On the plane, he met a nice older couple who had to catch another flight and the wife was worried sick they were going to miss their flight. Chris helped them get their bags and find their gate. After that he went to the truck and remembered he doesn't have his CC. He is still trying to get that fixed and (may have to use all the cash he has ~ forgot to mention that ~ the only money he could come up with was Japanese Yen in his bag, so luckily Seattle is an international airport and he could convert it to US$ and that's what he's used for food all day) I might have to scan in and fax my credit card so he can leave the parking lot and he remembered that he forgot to pick up HIS bag at the baggage claim!!! I fell so badly for him, but just to speed things along, I might leave now (the boys will be fine, they are sleeping) and pick Chris up! :~) I think he can officially call this his DAY FROM HELL!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment