Last night when we put Bray to bed, he said in the mornings his chest hurts. So, this morning after nebbing him, I asked him how it felt and he said it still hurt the same as it did before the neb. I called the clinic (Chris is gone on a business trip) and they said he will definitely need to be seen. Here is a picture of him waiting to go for a chest x-ray. The Dr. said he had to wear a mask to the x-ray lab or the techs would be mad at her. The tech told Bray that he was the best patient she had today and he told me "I bet they tell a lot of kids that." We decided either they tell all the kids that or being it was only 10 am, she hadn't x-rayed too many kids yet today! The Dr said that the tech very well may say that to all the kids, but she tells the Dr how they really are and he really was a good patient. :~)
Afterwards, we picked up 3 prescriptions (thank goodness we met the deductible this year!) and headed home to start them. He is currently on Tamiflu, Augmentin (antibiotic ~ oh, forgot to mention ~ he has a little "streaking" on the x-ray which means he has pneumonia in his left lung), Albuterol every 4-6 hours and Pulmicort once a day. Which means. . . he will not be going to school for a few more days. We have orders that if he gets "worse" (not sure what that would entail) he is to be seen promptly. (I won't go into what Chris has read because it's only scary and I just may sleep in Bray's room so I can keep an eye on him.) Oh yea, he said he wanted to sleep in his own bed now because he can't get comfortable in the "sick room" bed. Good thing we still have a baby monitor so I can listen to him no matter where I am.
This one is for you, Steph
This weekend I decided to try and make my own chicken Alfredo pizza. The last time we tried one at Billotti's (I have NO idea what happened to the quality of food they used to serve, but it was horrible the week or so ago that we were there!) and were VERY disappointed. If you look at them, there really isn't much to them and my family is usually not too picky, so they were Guinea pigs. I bought a crust, but I usually make my own, used a jar of reduced fat/calories Alfredo sauce (will split in 1/2 next time ~ I'm going to try freezing the 1/2 I don't use), cut up chicken from the rotisserie chicken we had and mozzarella cheese. It was FABULOUS!!! And oh so easy with things I would normally have on hand! Our next one we are going to try and perfect is a fav. in our house ~ the BBQ chicken. We're going to use BBQ, chicken, red onion (sliced in big rings ~ yum), crumbled bacon and mozzarella cheese ~ I'm sure it will be a hit! I'm on a roll!
Just to clarify. . .
If my post from last night seemed a little "distracted", it was. I was trying to post while watching the new episode of Storm Chasers with Chris. It's one of our favorite shows to watch as a family! So exciting to see those tornadoes up close without being in danger :D
So, anyway, yesterday Chris did get a lot more done than smoothing out a little pile of dirt and rocks ~LOL!!! He got some things ready for winter (I hate to use that word, but we have to). He mowed the areas that had taller grass, pressure washed some things and took the motor off the pressure washer so it won't freeze over the winter. Some of my projects didn't seem near as productive. Do you ever get to cleaning and realize you are making more messes as you "clean"? You know ~ when you "deep" clean (the closets, etc.) then you need to "store" things until you can get rid of them. That's the kind of weekend I had, so we have some piles "to get rid of" scattered or rather placed in the middle of the floor. hehe
Taite
Tonight Taite had homework! He gets kind of grumpy if we push him to study for his homework, so I tried to "shake it up" a little tonight. He had multiplication flash cards he was supposed to study and they were just handwritten ones they'd done in class. Sometimes I am too "type A" and I had to re-do the flash cards on colored recipe cards written in Sharpie. Then I quizzed him on the facts, but he was taking so long to come up with the answers (the goal is to get through all 19 in a minute or less ~ we had to time him and record the time). I tried to give him some pointers and then had him read the cards out loud so I could verify he had the answers correct (I was cleaning up after supper). He was still taking a long time to answer the problems, so I started answering them before he could spit out the answer and the challenge was on. We brought out "Judge Bray Bray" to read the problems and Taite and I would shout out the answer. That really got Taite's brain working (and challenged) so he actually beat me a few times! Sometimes Bray couldn't decide who said the answer first and decided to issue a tie-breaker in that instance which was pretty creative and quick thinking on his part. :D Taite really enjoyed our "Challenge Session" and even got sweaty from the stress of trying to beat me! LOL In the end, I would say tonight was successful. The first time we timed his skills, he didn't answer 6 out of the 19, but the 2nd time we timed it, he only didn't get 4! Oh yea, after we put Bray to bed, Taite and I had "reading time" together. He already asked if we can read together tomorrow night too! I LOVE that he wants to read together ~ whatever it takes so he reads more and remembers that he likes to read!
Okay, I'm sure I've bored you some now, so I'll sign off! Take care and stay healthy!


Mike and I grill are own Pizzas all the time. You would love them. We use the 44 cent crusts from walmart. You mix them with warm water, let them sit 5 minutes and then roll them out. Then I use a can of spagetti sauce(I keep the extra in an old salad dressing bottle so it is easy to squirt. Then we add our favorite toppings. Matthew and I love ham and pineapple. Mike likes sausage, mushrooms, onions. It took us all last summer but we finally figured out the perfect way to grill them. We have three burners on our grill. We turn the outside two to Med and leave the middle off. While the pizza is grilling you just turn it a few times. It takes about 10 minutes and you have a fantastic!!!!!! pizza. You will have to try it. It is also very cheap.
ReplyDeleteLet me know when you experiment with the BBQ pizza, I'm sure I'll be free. And how did you know that chicken alfredo pizza is my favorite! Hope Brayton feels better soon.
ReplyDeleteSteph, I thought you were sick! What are you doing on the web? :) Brayton does seem to be feeling better. I hope you get over your bug!
ReplyDeleteMonica, grilling pizzas sounds really good, but we need a better grill than we have. Since our grill isn't the best, we don't usually grill too much, we typically use one of those little travel ones ~ LOL!
ReplyDelete