Whew, the second day of getting the kids on the bus by myself AND getting Bray all of his meds ~ complete! I almost sent Bray out without any shoes, but I'm human :~)
I know it doesn't sound like much, but here is how it goes:
Prior to waking the boys up (or making sure Taite is up), I have the neb with Albuterol ready
6:30 Wake Brayton up
6:32 Start neb
6:32 - 6:42 Grab Bray's clothes
~ get him dressed
~ run downstairs to get underwear that was forgotten when I grabbed the rest of his clothes
~ get the 2nd neb ready
~ have water ready so he can rinse his mouth
~ pull out all the cereal choices for Brayton to decide what to eat for breakfast
~ trip over the dog
~ put all the cereal choices back
~ get his cereal ready without milk so it's not soggy
~ grab a drink of coffee when the opportunity presents itself (usually as running past the island I strategically place it in the center of the activity so the opportunity presents itself often)
6:42 pour milk on cereal while Brayton rinses his mouth
6:47 Brayton goes to brush his teeth; I remove the cup thingy with Albuterol and replace it with the Pulmicort neb (if we allow approx a 1/2 hour between these nebs, or in this case as much time as possible, the Albuterol has a chance to work and then the Pulmicort can work better)
6:52 remind Brayton to hurry up
6:55 yell at Brayton to hurry up
6:55 start 2nd neb
6:56 check weather.com for forecast so I don't send the boys in their winter coats which they are required to wear for recess and then are all sweaty because a simple sweatshirt would have worked (high of 57 today)
~ get Bray's coat, hat (I told him to hide in his backpack after he gets to school so he doesn't have to wear to recess because they make the kids wear it if they have it. . . hence the over heating) and gloves on (thin, one size fits all)
6:59 remember I forgot Brayton's shoes and get them to put on
7:02 Taite spots the bus go past the window (it comes from the east, so it goes to the corner and then turns around to come our direction ~ really nice because it gives us some "counting down" time)
7:03 Both boys are out the door with "I love yous", reminders to have a good day, hugs and kisses to start their day. . .
7:04 I slump in the chair (well, not really, but it seemed a fitting end I am really planning meals, getting started on work and so forth!) :~)
Have a great day!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment