Last night Chris left for the airport and then had me check on his flight status. It was delayed at least an hour. . . Had he checked before leaving, he could've spent that time at home instead of a lobby!
The boys played Wii all day and after Bray went to bed, Taite continued to play. I told him at 8:50 that he needed to go to bed. He got ready for bed and then remembered he hadn't touched a thing in his backpack ~ no studying or anything!!! I was mad and told him he just had to go to bed and pay the consequences for not doing his homework over the weekend (yes, Bray did have some to do and when I reminded him, he went into his room and shut the door to complete his job). Today Taite was disappointed to know that he wouldn't get to play ALL day today! Wouldn't mean much if he only had like an hour away when home. . .
Oh, I skipped right over this morning. Before Bray goes to school, we are still nebbing him with Albuterol and Pulmicort which we try to squeeze in during his normal getting ready for school time (1/2 hour total time). It was a challenge, especially when you throw in the spilled cereal and milk (Taite) and a change of clothing from that one. I had to dress Bray while doing the neb and they both made it to the bus on time.
Taite is now practicing his recorder (new instrument for 4th graders) and he is extremely frustrated because he thinks he should play it like a pro even without practicing. He kept asking me how to clean the spit out from it and it finally dawned on me ~ he thinks that the spit is why it doesn't sound right. I tried it (the note he was having trouble with) and it played just fine. I stressed that he might have to work at this and actually practice on a regular basis. . .
This won't be too difficult as I am certain we will confiscate all Wii remotes until the weekends. I'm pretty sure this will help me get more help in the kitchen too, after supper. They eat and then disappear ~ just grateful something appeared on the table for their dinner. Speaking of which, I was very hungry for Swedish Meatballs tonight and I found a wonderful recipe!! It was so good ~ it's a good thing we don't have this very often because I could easily weigh 500 pounds!!!
Today my glasses I ordered came in! The boys really liked them; my mom, not so much. That's okay! I like them! I hope my husband likes them better than my old ones, but he is somewhat like my dad (who is having a difficult time picking out new frames for himself) they like the same old thing and would never change frames unless they were completely broken! :D
This weekend I attempted to make a bag with the "rag" approach. That just means that your seams are all on the outside and you snip them so when you wash your item (lots of people make blankets) they kind of fray and make a neat border. This little bag (it holds manilla folders so I can bring work to and from the office) was a pain in the ___ for all the snipping I had to do and after washing it, it should have had more of a seam allowance (farther distance from the edge of the fabric to where the stitch is), but it will work just fine because I spent a lot of time on it :~) I do love the colors on it and it's flannel, so after washing it, it's really soft!

I Like the new glasses Lisa! I would like to get a new pair sometime too but I only wear them at home and just can't justify spending $200+ on them when I don't wear them that much. I think I've had the same frames for 7 years now! YIKES! I'm way out of date!
ReplyDeleteI have never made Swedish meatballs but I've heard a lot about them. If you'd be willing to share your wonderful recipe I would totally LOVE it! You know me :) recipe-aholic!!!
Me again!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you that I LOVE the bag too! Too cute!
Have a GREAT day :)