The other station they had was decorating cupcakes. There were chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting and then we (the moms) passed out some goodies for them to decorate their cupcakes with. We purposely were in charge of distributing the decorating items so the kids wouldn't reach in with their hands or anything because of the illnesses going around. With that said, in between when we were passing the "goodies" out, the containers with the candy corn, gummy worms and M&M's were on a table and would you believe it was a couple of the parents who reached in with their hands to grab candy out of the dishes. . .
This is Taite's good friend, Isaac. His dad is a math teacher at the high school and he's a good kid, so we are pleased they are friends :~)
Taite and his masterpiece:
The 3rd station was Bingo. They were cards made up with the kids names from the classroom on the cards. There were a lot of winners at Bingo and they made many trips to the "treasure (junk) box" ~ the kids were happy! There were candy, punching balloons, vampire teeth, more candy, etc.
Brayton's classroom party was early in the morning. He laid the guilt card on us last night. He really wanted Chris to come to his party and I was thinking that Bray's party was the same time as Taite's so we could drive together and both attend a party. Then when I looked at the time of Braytons' classes Big Blast time frame and it was during Taite's classroom party, which reminded me that they had mentioned that their classroom parties might be in the morning. I called the school and at 8:36, they said the party was going on ~ it was from 8:30 to 10. I was headed up to Brayton's party (Chris had some work to do, so we decided that if Bray had someone there, he would be okay) when FedEx came with Chris' wallet.
Here is a picture of Brayton patting himself on the back with both hands. The kids all did a good job of following directions during their party, so they were rewarding themselves. Isn't it funny how I have a camera pointed at Brayton and even though the other girls in the picture I don't know, they are all smiling at the camera? :D
Brayton's class also had 3 stations and they were pretty much the same as Taite's class. Except they decorated cookies and not cupcakes in Brayton's class. I missed that part of the party when I arrived late. You can see some remnants of the frosting on his face though :D
This is a cute little craft that one of the mom's had made up. They were cute spiders and I am very impressed that she created it just the other night! They had 4 pipe cleaners and were to twist them up in the middle.
Of the twisted middle, they made a loop, twisted some more, pushed the ends through the loop and created the head and then spread the legs and formed the feet. Add some eyes and you have an adorable spider! They each had 2 small magnets that you could peel off and stick to the spider. We couldn't figure out how we wanted to hang the spider on the fridge and then I had an idea ~ we could cut the magnets so they were skinny and put 4 skinny magnets on the feet of the spider. Before Bray was done, he asked me not to throw this away. . . He thinks we should keep everything, paper, note, whatever comes home from school. I definitely will keep this one, it's very cute!
This was one of the prizes for the Bingo game ~ a sticky eyeball. GROSS!

I love that face!


I love that face!
Tonight we went out to eat and then did a little light shopping, but it was a 'little' too much because Bray was tired and whiny. On the way home, there was a lot of yawning coming from the back seat, so the boys were both in bed at 7:30 and Taite was reluctant, but running for an hour straight will wear a boy out :~)

Hey, I have some really cute pics of Bray from the Big blast. I tried emailing them to you but they were too big. I will figure out how to get them to you.
ReplyDelete