Sunday, October 18, 2009

A very productive weekend, despite sickness

Brayton is doing well, though his coughing still sounds painful. He told Chris tonight that his chest hurts in the morning, so we are watching that carefully since infections/pneumonia are what has been killing the children with this flu.


Despite Bray being sick (Taite is still up and at 'em), he and I finished cleaning up his room and getting rid of some things. The plan was that once his room was cleaned, we would look for a chaise lounge or chair and ottoman for his "reading corner". Well, this was my lucky weekend. . . I found an off-white leather chair and ottoman on Craigslist for $100! This will help him have a comfy chair and it's not fabric, so that will help with any allergens that would normally stick in a fabric chair. We are trying to figure out what causes the boys' lungs (Chris' included) to always be congested. Brayton asked earlier today if I would like to come to his room so he could try out his new chair :~) Here is a picture of Bray and I making (yes, making) Taite join us for reading tonight. Taite complained that he didn't have to read (meaning he isn't keeping track for school or anything) and kept asking how long he would have to read. Since all three of us were reading our own books, Bray would giggle and look to me when he read a funny part. Usually he and I read the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books together and we laugh at the funny parts at the same time. He had a little difficulty not sharing that, but I wanted Taite to read too and he has already read the book that Bray is currently reading.
(Taite was embarrassed that I was taking his picture)



Taite had been complaining that his bed was uncomfortable and was sleeping in the spare bedroom when he came down with the flu. While he was sick, I bought a 4" (just got a 4" because that is better than 2", right?) memory foam topper at Walmart for his bed. Well, what I didn't think about is that his loft is already close to the ceiling and after he was "kicked out of" his sick bed, he complained that he couldn't barely get into bed because the ceiling was too close to the mattress. The only solution I could come up with was to put his mattress on the floor. He didn't use his desk anyway we moved his blankets, pillows and rug to the top of his loft as a sort of "get away". Bray was super excited and Taite didn't really care. :~)



Chris also had a productive weekend on the outside stuff. Yesterday I didn't know what he was doing and next thing I see him leave the yard with the truck, trailer and Lil' Green (my new nickname for our tractor). I didn't know what he was doing until he came home and had a load of black dirt. Remember when we moved the one rock near the house (a guy gave us a price on putting our name on it) and he had dug out the rock in front of the big rock and was going to put in dirt so we can plant flowers and such around it. He'd gone and got the dirt to spread in front of the rock and had leveled out the pile of crushed rock out onto the driveway. He just loves that little tractor and I am glad because it was kind of me who pushed him to get something smaller. . . You know how that goes if it turns out to be a bad decision ~ I never hear the end of it! LOL

1 comment:

  1. I love the chair and ottoman you got for Brayton's room. Taite's bed looks cool too. Taite seems to be growing up extremely fast. Going from a boy to a little man quickly.

    ReplyDelete