Sunday, October 4, 2009

I know this is long overdue.

Hey!

I'll try to catch you up with a quick one here today. . . (that sounded like a sports announcer ~ funny)

Thursday there was no FB practice because of the rainy weather. Chris commented when we were finishing up with supper that practice should've been fine and immediately after that, a crack of thunder sounded. Guess not!

We watched a movie and it was really good ~ August Rush.

Saturday brought more rainy, cold weather and the game was interesting. Chris had kids who normally want to play, complaining about the cold and then those that don't want to play walking off the field saying "I can't handle this anymore" ~ what? There were some very poor calls (one on us was a block in the back and after watching the video, the kid probably didn't even know he was touched in the back! It wasn't like he went down or anything and this call set up a safety ~ more like our center stepped on the foot of the QB and he fell down, but no one touched him from the other team, they just blew the whistle and called it a safety), very cold players, but technically, they WON!!! Both teams scored a touchdown, but only the orange team made their extra point (in this league, they can only do conversions, there is no field goal kicks). In the rules, this league does not give points for safety's (not that this one was a valid call. . .), but I'm sure in school tomorrow, there will be those on the white team who argue that there are points given for a safety. Whatever! We're calling it a win, the orange team felt like it was a win and the white team was hanging their heads like it was a win. I recorded the whole game this time, but was almost done when I realized that the tape might not have been in the right spot (FF past last weeks game). After talking to Chris (he put the camera away) he had rewound the tape to play it and record onto a DVD, so I had recorded over last weeks game. . . (I would've had the tape past last weeks game and he assumed I would pick a new tape ~ kind of like if I charged the batteries and put them in the camera bag, I would put one on the camera so it was ready to pull out and start filming) :~)

Today Chris helped my dad bring his "new" (used, but newer than what he had) combine home. It was quite a ways away, so it took them all morning and part of this afternoon to get it home and then they spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning it (I could go into icky details, but I won't!).

The boys and I went to church and then to the mall. We had some jeans we got for Bray for School that I wanted to exchange for darker colors (the trendy colors look good at the time, but I still like the darker colors for hiding stains). I don't know why I shop at Gap because I hate their return policy. It's only 30 days and for seasonal stuff I can understand, but for jeans??? She exchanged them (yes, the 30 days also applies to exchanges too) this time, but I need to remember for next time that they won't do it. I seriously think they need to rethink that one a little, but I'm sure they won't do it because of me! (I had printed off a coupon for 30% off this weekend and looked at their jeans, but I am not going to spend $60 on a pair, so I'm rather certain they won't change the return policy because of me LOL).

When Chris came home and showered after helping dad all day, we went back to their house for supper (the boys and I had been there, hanging out this afternoon). Mom was watching Josey today for Steph and Brian and I was in house when Chris walked in and I'd forgotten that sometimes Josey doesn't like him. She looked at Chris and had the biggest lip sticking out that I've ever seen, then she starts to cry a real pitiful cry like he is o-so mean to her! Big tears are shed and she looks away, calms down and then looks at him again and it starts all over! We laughed and laughed :~) (well, Chris wasn't doing so much laughing and mom was trying to calm Josey, but Taite, Bray and I were laughing hehe) I don't know what her deal is, but after having a bottle and feeling full, then she didn't cry or stick her lip out when she'd spot Chris.

Chris is counting the days (2 practices and 1 game) until he is done with football. I will miss it, but he seriously won't miss baby-sitting some of the boys. Seriously, if you have children, do NOT send them out for a sport to teach them aggression! We watched the video of the one boy and when the ball is hiked, he runs through the line (doesn't matter if we have the ball or not) as fast as he can, waving his arms like he is swimming and doesn't touch a soul. . . Not at ALL sure what he is doing! Oh, and if you sign your kids up for a sport to see if they like it or not, at least tell them they have to give it their effort. I understand not wanting them to quit, but as a parent, you are always watching your own kid, so you would see when he run/swims. . . Coach him a little so he knows that's not right because you would know how to get him to understand the best (if the coach doesn't speak his language). Next week is a really tough team and their one coach has been teaching this age for 4 years, so they are very well coached. Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment