Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Last Practice

We are getting down there! It was kind of sad (when I could think about something other than the cold) to think about the end of 4th Grade Football for Taite. I will miss all of these little boys and their spirit for playing football and I am not even the coach! This is my favorite picture from tonight and I think it sums this season up perfectly. Taite is on the left and he's chatting with Noah #25, who is from Kasson. These two do not go to school together and didn't even know each other a little over a month ago, but are teammates and now friends. I love that!

Tonight Chris was the most relaxed about practice that he has been this whole time. It had to do with the fact that he had his mind made up before going to practice that he wanted the boys to remember to have fun. So, they ran some drills, but they were made more fun. The board drill they ran periodically this year, was turned into a challenge. Kind of a King of the Hill type challenge. If one boy won the drill, then he got to 'stay on the board' and challenge the next boy. To stay with the mood of the night, Coach Stemper and Coach Heinz demonstrated the goal of the drill. Chris would want me to point out that Coach Stemper has at least 20 lbs on Chris. :~)


The kids enjoyed the participation of the coaches and hopefully remembering to have fun will not be all that difficult!

Saturday is the very last game and I need to find my winter boots! Tonight I thought that 2 pairs of socks, leggings, jeans, a tank, 2 shirts, vest, hoodie, pullover, scarf, hat and mittens would be enough for practice, but it was not! I need much more for Saturday, so I'm thinking snow pants! I did stock up on hand warmers today at Shopko so we are covered there.
Yesterday I think I was nominated for mom of the year (okay, I made that up). It does make me feel good to have a warm breakfast for the boys before school, especially when they aren't late for the bus afterwards! I tried a new recipe yesterday and they were soooo good! Ham, Egg and Cheese Cups. They are like little mini egg bakes and were really good (did I mention that?). We had orange juice to go with the eggs and everyone was full before school. I am truly blessed to have the opportunities to be with the boys in the mornings before school. No matter how rushed we are, we always say our "love you"s and wish each other a "good day". I will miss that if I have to work elsewhere, but remember everyday how blessed we are.
Well, gotta run, Jay is on :D

No comments:

Post a Comment